I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: I must leave
(04-07-2016 11:10 PM)Foxen Wrote:  I have enough sense to leave a forum with no sense.

Girly will miss you. But I have no sense so this place is right for me.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-07-2016, 10:36 AM
I'd like to announce that I am...

...not leaving. You ass holes are stuck with me.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 11 users Like yakherder's post
05-07-2016, 11:00 AM
(04-07-2016 11:10 PM)Foxen Wrote:  And I doubt I shall return.

There is something very wrong with this forum.

It allows for other individuals to be personally bullied to the point where they can be called any derogatory name allowed.

That is not free speech. That is idiocy blanketed by a term about which this forum is clearly oblivious.

Gasp

The forum moderators = Hobo

I have enough sense to leave a forum with no sense.

Perhaps you should join P.O.O.P
(People Offended by Offended People) I'm sure they'll accept you.

Here's the thing. 100% of the people can't be satisfied 100% of the time. Someone, somewhere is gonna get their feelings hurt. But - and here's the rub - only if they allow it to happen. I say, if you don't like a word, don't use it.

You can tell other people how unhappy you are until you're blue in the face. At the end of the day they are going to say/write what they want because freedom of speech is here.

Luckily for you, there are options:
1 - ignore the post and move on
2 - ignore the person posting and move on
3 - ignore the thread and move on
4 - leave the forum and move on.

Since you are choosing the last option, it probably would have been more mature to just quietly leave rather than make a big production out of it. It sorta brings you down to the level of immaturity that you claim to be offended by. IOW you probably feel that people who use offensive words are nothing more than immature schoolyard bullies who are getting all the attention. What makes you any different when you decide to post a rage quit thread?
[+] 2 users Like Judi Lynn's post
05-07-2016, 11:06 AM
(05-07-2016 10:36 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd like to announce that I am...

... like a goddam hemorrhoid which won't stop itching.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-07-2016, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 12:05 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(05-07-2016 09:49 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You must demonstrate your own worth before you can denigrate someone else's.

What a joke! Worth is a relative term. I have a lot of worth in the real world but not to some of the assholes here.

Of course worth is relative. The worth you have here on my screen is according to how much insight you bring to the table. That is my metric.

(05-07-2016 09:49 AM)KUSA Wrote:  You have to be a bleeding heart liberal that is totally PC or you get ganged up on here.

This is utterly untrue. I'm no liberal in the deprecatory sense you mean it. I tend to be right-center on most issues, and I'll be voting for Johnson (in all likelihood) this fall. All this is public knowledge, as I'm not shy about sharing my opinions. I've never had a gang dogpile me here. Sure, I get people who disagree with me plenty. I've caught a couple of negreps, as if they're important.

I'm thinking it has more to do with your presentation than your politics. As the saying goes, "If you wake up in the morning and the first person you meet is an asshole, he's an asshole. But if you wake up in the morning and everyone you meet is an asshole, maybe the asshole is really you."

Something to chew on.

(05-07-2016 09:49 AM)KUSA Wrote:  There are some really decent people here but the assholes stink the place up.

No matter where you go, that smell will follow. Knowing both from here and from AF, you give off a leering, creepy vibe most of the time, and that makes people distrust you.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-07-2016, 12:24 PM
No one is forcing anyone else to be here, if you don't like it's ok to simply stop posting. I've only been here since Feb. and I've seen many people come and go already but at least you are telling us why.

I honestly think it is free speech though, in the OP it says this kind of offensive language isn't about free speech but it is. There's no point in protecting nice friendly speech that doesn't offend anyone, the point is to protect the speech you don't like. Yes it can cross the line but I have yet to see death threats or truly abhorrent hate speech on this forum.

I honestly would rather stay in that case and fight back instead of just leaving, it's ok to be a dissenting voice around here, it keeps things interesting. Yes, you may be attacked but you gotta stand up for yourself, it's just the internet, no one will really hurt you here, I doubt anyone cares enough to do that. The worst thing that can happen is a ban but since you are leaving anyway you don't have to worry about that.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
05-07-2016, 01:04 PM
(05-07-2016 09:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 12:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'd do it for you, but this forum discriminates against certain members so I can't. People with Neg rep don't have the same freedom of speech on this forum as positive repped members.

You must demonstrate your own worth before you can denigrate someone else's.

That might be the rationalization behind not allowing neg-repped users from handing out rep, but the actual effect is a forum where everyone has free speech but some have more free speech than others.....which works out okay if you are a pig.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
05-07-2016, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 01:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-07-2016 01:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You must demonstrate your own worth before you can denigrate someone else's.

That might be the rationalization behind not allowing neg-repped users from handing out rep, but the actual effect is a forum where everyone has free speech but some have more free speech than others.....which works out okay if you are a pig.

You've earned your reputation. You should not be permitted to go on a neg rep rampage against everyone who realizes you are a fucking asshole. But hey, I'm just one of the ones who uprepped you.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-07-2016, 01:12 PM

Fuck...... Big Grin

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
05-07-2016, 01:22 PM
(05-07-2016 01:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Fuck...... Big Grin

When winter comes we will need yak butter and milk.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post