I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: I must leave
(05-07-2016 01:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 01:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You've earned your reputation. You should not be permitted to go on a neg rep rampage against everyone who realizes you are a fucking asshole. But hey, I'm just one of the ones who uprepped you.

I don't have a problem with the rule philosophically because this is a private site and the owners/operators should be free to set the rules as they see fit. I do get a little "butthurt" when people take the position that we all have free speech here because that simply isn't true.

[Image: 1242.jpg]

If being a fucking asshole means you shouldn't be able to rep, then most of you shouldn't be able to rep.

How does the ability to rep impact your ability to speak? How does it impact you? I'm not following?

Oh, FWIW, I think the reps are silly. Except when someone reps me. Then I think they are fucking awesome.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
05-07-2016, 04:12 PM
[Image: giphy.gif]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
05-07-2016, 04:55 PM
(05-07-2016 03:42 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  QQ more, little kid. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

This place is a gem because of the stance the forum team takes on free speech.

So, don't forget to finger Hitler's butthole when you Heil him and piss all over free speech.

Yes, I totally Godwin'ed all over the place.

Did they let you out of the padded room yet?

#sigh
05-07-2016, 04:56 PM
(05-07-2016 01:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If being a fucking asshole means you shouldn't be able to rep, then most of you shouldn't be able to rep.

I can rep. You don't have a positive, negative, or neutral from me because I just don't care.

I do say something when you make a point that makes sense to me.

With issues we have had in the past I don't want a rep to be seen as a grudge point.

You should look around...you are among the elite who have double-digit negative rep points. Check out the company you keep. If you are good with it then go ahead and you be you.

I do fully believe that if you could give rep you would be neg repping people just to be a dick.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
05-07-2016, 05:04 PM
(05-07-2016 01:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I do get a little "butthurt" when people take the position that we all have free speech here because that simply isn't true.

How so, or is that just an opinion? From this thread and its parent, it would seem there is 100% free speech on this forum.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
05-07-2016, 05:11 PM
(05-07-2016 05:04 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 01:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I do get a little "butthurt" when people take the position that we all have free speech here because that simply isn't true.

How so, or is that just an opinion? From this thread and its parent, it would seem there is 100% free speech on this forum.

That's a pretty small sample size to draw a conclusion from. And, as someone who's been on this forum for a long time, I can tell you that there is absolutely not "100% free speech on this forum". There isn't.

That's not a criticism. I think the mods on this forum do a great job and are extremely tolerant. But, there are some limitations on speech here. If there wasn't, there wouldn't be a ban log. And, there's a ban log.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
05-07-2016, 05:18 PM
I would think not so much censorship of speech, but attitude.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 1 user Likes TechnoMonkey's post
05-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Flouncing - such poor taste
05-07-2016, 09:26 PM
(05-07-2016 09:23 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Flouncing - such poor taste

Not with the right attire. You really need a really full skirt on a floor length dress or a cape that you can swoosh around as you flounce to your exit. You have to have style for it to work.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-07-2016, 09:30 PM
(05-07-2016 09:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:23 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Flouncing - such poor taste

Not with the right attire. You really need a really full skirt on a floor length dress or a cape that you can swoosh around as you flounce to your exit. You have to have style for it to work.

Like this?

[Image: greatbatman13_1744.jpg]