I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2016, 09:35 PM
RE: I must leave
(05-07-2016 09:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:23 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Flouncing - such poor taste

Not with the right attire. You really need a really full skirt on a floor length dress or a cape that you can swoosh around as you flounce to your exit. You have to have style for it to work.

[Image: GIF-bye-do-not-want-exit-exiting-goodbye...ya-GIF.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
05-07-2016, 10:05 PM
(05-07-2016 09:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:23 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Flouncing - such poor taste

Not with the right attire. You really need a really full skirt on a floor length dress or a cape that you can swoosh around as you flounce to your exit. You have to have style for it to work.

Like Earmuffs. None here can attempt to flounce better.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2016, 10:06 PM
(05-07-2016 10:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not with the right attire. You really need a really full skirt on a floor length dress or a cape that you can swoosh around as you flounce to your exit. You have to have style for it to work.

Like Earmuffs. None here can attempt to flounce better.

Very true. Even without the Scarlet O'Hara dress. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-07-2016, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 10:21 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(05-07-2016 10:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 10:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Like Earmuffs. None here can attempt to flounce better.

Very true. Even without the Scarlet O'Hara dress. Tongue

He needs to wear that more often.

But let's be honest....I rock the resting bitch face.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-07-2016, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 11:53 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(05-07-2016 01:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You must demonstrate your own worth before you can denigrate someone else's.

That might be the rationalization behind not allowing neg-repped users from handing out rep, but the actual effect is a forum where everyone has free speech but some have more free speech than others.....which works out okay if you are a pig.

As I pointed out above to another member, much of it is not what you say, but how you say it.

When I was a kid, Pa Thump would sometimes tell me, "Son, tact is the ability to tell someone to 'go to Hell' and have them looking forward to the trip."

I'm consonant with some of the major views here, dissonant with the others, and somehow my rep (for what it's worth) is in the green. That indicates to me that while there are folks who disagree with me, and sometimes it's gotten a little ugly, they've rarely felt their intelligence or patience so abused that they resorted to that.

My experience, which may or may not be useful to you, is that the backspace key is useful, as is a little wait before replying to a post which really bugs me. It lets the heat of the moment cool off, and gives me a little time to phrase my thoughts in such a manner that steers the interchange away from invective. It doesn't always work. Some folks are bound to take offense no matter what; sometimes (again, as shown above) there's no really polite way to frame my opinion.

But I try my best, and I think that's the key.

You may well think otherwise.

(05-07-2016 01:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If being a fucking asshole means you shouldn't be able to rep, then most of you shouldn't be able to rep.

I'm a fucking asshole. I just dress it up nicely, give entertainment and/or substance and not ennui, and ... it works for me.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-07-2016, 11:48 PM
(05-07-2016 01:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But hey, I'm just one of the ones who uprepped you.

I generally pos anyone who negs me, just to tweak them a little.

Don't you sly bastards get any ideas, though!
06-07-2016, 12:15 AM
(05-07-2016 05:04 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 01:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I do get a little "butthurt" when people take the position that we all have free speech here because that simply isn't true.

How so, or is that just an opinion? From this thread and its parent, it would seem there is 100% free speech on this forum.

How can this be a 100% free speech forum when a minority group, the negged repped, are banned from using one of its speech features(the rep system)?

Again, I don't have a problem with the rules. Its a private forum and the owners/operators have no obligation whatsoever to cater to my speech needs. My beef is when people make the claim this is a free speech forum. Lets at least be honest and recognize that it isn't. Its free speech for some, restricted for others.
06-07-2016, 12:22 AM
(06-07-2016 12:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 05:04 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  How so, or is that just an opinion? From this thread and its parent, it would seem there is 100% free speech on this forum.

How can this be a 100% free speech forum when a minority group, the negged repped, are banned from using one of its speech features(the rep system)?

Again, I don't have a problem with the rules. Its a private forum and the owners/operators have no obligation whatsoever to cater to my speech needs. My beef is when people make the claim this is a free speech forum. Lets at least be honest and recognize that it isn't. Its free speech for some, restricted for others.

Rep system isn't really a speech system, it's really just a way to tell someone you like them or hate them, posts and private messages are the real speech systems.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-07-2016, 12:22 AM
(05-07-2016 02:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We've already seen what you would do with a positive rep and it is to go on a rampage neg repping everyone who neg repped you. Just to disrupt and fuck with the forum. I doubt you'll ever be able to do that again. ... And all is right with the world.

What you call a rampage, I call catching up. Those few people I negged repped when I had that short opportunity, I would have negged repped over time had I had that opportunity. What difference does it make that I did it in a short burst? Everyone that I negged repped, deserved a negative rep from me because they treated me poorly or argued poorly in my opinion.

Further, you think it is wrong for Bob to neg rep Alice just because Alice negged repped Bob. Do you also think the opposite is wrong? If Bob positive reps Alice is it wrong for Alice to positive rep Bob to return the favor? You and I know both know that goes on.
06-07-2016, 12:23 AM
(06-07-2016 12:22 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Rep system isn't really a speech system, it's really just a way to tell someone you like them or hate them, posts and private messages are the real speech systems.

So your saying telling someone you like or hate them isn't speech? Come on.