I must limit my time here. Sorry to go.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016 10:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: I must limit my time here. Sorry to go.
(22-02-2016 07:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey guys.
I am now entering month 16 of chemotherapy. I find it is ravaging my mind. This then hurts the site.

You don't hurt the site, Banjo. You inspire the site.

(22-02-2016 07:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I find myself slipping into madness.

Now this more than a few of us here can relate to. JohnnyC! Cantor! Quit fondling your Gwynnies and belay Banjo before he stumbles into the abyss by accident.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Here's how I see it.....you should make your decision based on what's best for you. Deciding not to post because you're "bad for the forum" however, is a poor choice. You're not bad for the forum, you're part of it. You're a piece of the puzzle that makes this place unique and yes, sometimes kinda fucked up. But that's what makes it TTA. I mean if uncle Doug was going through what you're going through, he'd still be invited to Christmas dinner. We'd accept that his brain ain't working right, and we'd be patient and understanding when we pointed out he was being a dick.

So if you need to avoid posting for your own sake, you have my full support. I'd still ask you hang with us in the Coffee House though. But if you're avoiding posting for our sakes, don't worry. We're in this shit together. Just quit taking part in discussions involving theism. Hell, that leaves a good third of the forum to continue participating in.

Consider

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 22 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-02-2016, 08:18 PM
(22-02-2016 07:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
There are people here such as Bucky who go to much trouble to debate theists. Then there's me on the side lines calling them fools. This cannot be good for the site. I cannot be good for the site as I am sure this was never Seth's intention.

Perhaps ironically, that's flawed reasoning.

Bucky and similar have their approach. Others enjoy 'street epistemology' tactics.

Others still, will just facepalm or tease or ridicule.

Who knows which method has the biggest impact (for good or ill) on the apologist or on future readers?

People seem to turn away from theism for a combination of reasons but (as I've read here many times) it's often a slow-drip or chipping away of the things they were taught were true.

There is no one right way ... no single intent... Seth's or Stark's or anyone's.

Do what's right for you.

If you want to vent your frustration or anger in the direction of a theist (or me or anyone) ... no worries. We know you, we know what's going on. We've (as Girly would say) got your back.

Hug

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
22-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Hug

miss ya.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
22-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Stay strong, Banjy, and much love. Don't be a stranger! Smile
22-02-2016, 08:24 PM
(22-02-2016 08:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Here's how I see it.....you should make your decision based on what's best for you. Deciding not to post because you're "bad for the forum" however, is a poor choice. You're not bad for the forum, you're part of it. You're a piece of the puzzle that makes this place unique and yes, sometimes kinda fucked up. But that's what makes it TTA. I mean if uncle Doug was going through what you're going through, he'd still be invited to Christmas dinner. We'd accept that his brain ain't working right, and we'd be patient and understanding when we pointed out he was being a dick.

So if you need to avoid posting for your own sake, you have my full support. I'd still ask you hang with us in the Coffee House though. But if you're avoiding posting for our sakes, don't worry. We're in this shit together. Just quit taking part in discussions involving theism. Hell, that leaves a good third of the forum to continue participating in.

Consider

Banjo,

I love you and you know that. There's absolutely zero reason to leave unless you feel it's better for YOU. Your leaving isn't good for the forum at all.

Stark has a point we've got a pretty big forum here. Lots of topics have nothing to do with theism.

I hope you'll reconsider; however, if you remain steadfast in this decision you'd better keep posting in your thread and keeping us up to date on all things you.

With abundant love end deepest respect,
Moms

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Banjo man. You don't have to go because of that. I'll gladly join in calling them idiots with you, because I too do the same thing. But if you feel like its for the best you better keep us updated on how youre feeling!
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
22-02-2016, 08:34 PM
OK, most of what I would have said has already been said, including the part about posting in the atheist Vs theist threads. That place is one I don't venture into much, even though the only chemo I am using is beer with an occasional Whiskey or Scotch, not what you are experiencing. I just can't stand to see that much cognitive dissonance, it actually kills my empathy bone, which I need for people who really need it. Get well, brudda. My youngest brother (soon to be 52) survived laryngeal cancer: surgery, chemo and radiation. Hopefully you will get there, too. I ain't gonna pray, that shit is useless.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-02-2016, 09:20 PM
What they said. Only leave if it will help you. Get better bud.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Banjo,

You do what you have to do to be well.

You must take care of yourself first and do what is best for you.
If posting here helps, then do that. You are truly an asset to this site.
If staying away helps, then do that. We will miss you.

We will be thinking of you.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky