I must limit my time here. Sorry to go.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: I must limit my time here. Sorry to go.
Hug I look forward to your return and please consider what Stark said.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2016, 09:59 PM
Wishing you all the best: you do what you need to do
If you decide to take a vaca from TTA, we'll miss you and we hope to hear from you whenever you feel up to it, even if it's just a "Hi there, still here" Smile

Just keep in mind that your brain on chemo is still WAY smarter than any theist's brain on "god".
You got this

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
22-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Hug

Wishing you all the very best mate! Thumbsup
22-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Banjo,

I hope you stay. You have such valuable contributions here. I, for one, would not be switching careers and living my dream if it wasn't for you. You make everything seem possible. And you are funny and always make me laugh. You also have great music posts and have introduced me to some cool music I've never heard of before. I'm with others on here--if you are taking a break for you--then by all means do it. But if you are taking a break because you don't think you are valuable here--well that's just simply not true. We all love you and hope you stay Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
22-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Oh, and as an aside....

I've always struggled with properly identifying irony, so let me ask; is it ironic that one of the forums most inspirational, cherished and admired members thinks he's bad for the forum?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-02-2016, 10:42 PM
(22-02-2016 07:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey guys.
I am now entering month 16 of chemotherapy. I find it is ravaging my mind. This then hurts the site. For example, I can no longer stomach theists. They simply anger me with their stupidity.

This signals a great change in my personality to me. There were decades I could debate them. This is no longer possible and I just want to tell them where to go.

I find myself slipping into madness. Which is why my signature is what it is.

I will keep updates on my health thread so those who care can be kept up to date.

It is honestly hard to explain what happens. As the day gets longer I ever so slowly but surely lose the plot. Imagine being drunk without having had any alcohol. That is what it is like. Very strange to have so little control over oneself.

I will refrain from posting. As I said I am getting chemo 24/7. Not only is it chemo, but a very strong chemo. To have been under the effects of chemo over 16 months is difficult to describe and it is an unusually long period. As I said there are 12 more months of this.

There are people here such as Bucky who go to much trouble to debate theists. Then there's me on the side lines calling them fools. This cannot be good for the site. I cannot be good for the site as I am sure this was never Seth's intention.

Please know I love all of you regulars. You've become a family to me. I will restrict myself to personal support and health issues.

Much love. Dale.

Remember several things:
  • Come by as little as you want. We will take what we can get.
  • Come as much as you can because who doesn't love banjo music.
  • Endocannabionoids have a big effect on the immune system. You can guess where you get supplements for that. Sometimes the endocannabinoid system gets out of whack. I don't mean get high by smoking either. [Know that I have never done drugs].
  • Look up DCA/vitaminB12. Dichloroacetic acid + B12. Looked promising but since DCA is a generic compound very few people investigate it because there is no money in it. NHS/ Medicare would save a metric fornication ton if the Canadian results hold true.

Cancer runs in my family just like appendicitis.
I have seen chemo up close. I used to certify chemo drug preparation rooms.

Cheers and hugs

RW
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
22-02-2016, 10:46 PM
(22-02-2016 10:21 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh, and as an aside....

I've always struggled with properly identifying irony

And you're not even American. DLJ will be so disappoint...

I don't think it's ironic, just kinda saddening. But dude is in a hard place, whose to say what's best for him?

But yeah, Banjo. I think the forum agrees that we'd love to have you stick around....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-02-2016, 10:56 PM

I've always struggled with properly identifying irony, so let me ask; is it ironic that one of the forums most inspirational, cherished and admired members thinks he's bad for the forum?

He is sick, 'nuff said. A little slack should be given. Oh wait, he's till in the room! Tongue
22-02-2016, 11:37 PM

It's not ironic, It's something different. The reason he is an inspirational, cherished and admired member is because he is worried about becoming bad for the forum. There is nothing you can say Banjo that would change the inspiration I get from you. Goddam commie bastard.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-02-2016, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016 11:52 PM by Black Eagle.)
Well, Dale, Max the Black Wonder Cat [who is sitting on my lap and helping me type this], and I, think you should do whatever suits you and if you decide not to leave at all, that will be fine with us. I know what you mean about trying to stay tolerant of theists because I find it almost impossible myself. I don't suffer fools gladly and one of the many qualities I admire in you is that you won't suffer them either. Neither does Max. I know how pharmaceuticals can fuck with your brain, especially your self control, but that's not all bad. I've been stoned on pain killers almost every night for the past two months and I'm stoned on them right now. [Between Max's typing assistance and the pain killers, I have had to re-type this short, one paragraph, message several times.] Purely out of self interest, I do not want to see you go even for a short time. You have made living easier. So, fuck the theists, and do what is best for you but I hope that staying is what you decide is best for you.

Right now my wife is telling me it's bedtime and I'm quite sure she is right. She is always right.

Goodnight.
[+] 5 users Like Black Eagle's post