I need 1 book in favor of and 1 book against Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2010, 08:02 PM
RE: I need 1 book in favor of and 1 book against Christianity
Theology: from the Greek "Theos" meaning 'God,' and "Logos" meaning 'discourse,' or 'explanation.'

If you consider God you are participating in theology.

Quote:Do you really want me to get into the topic of how blindly stupidly ignorant it is to ONLY consider the theological viewpoint in discussions about the Christian god is a reality?
Can you re-word this mess?

Ignorant like a brick wall with it's fingers in it's ears? Poetic. Take 2 minus atheist points.

A view of the universe everything has to fit? My view of the universe is completely backed up by science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Right.....

seriously points....

That and no Fr0d0 we have been over this science not only doesn't back up your view of the world but it utterly disproves it.

I'm not getting into this if your seriously going to try and talk so condescending as to act like you can give out "points".
11-12-2010, 05:35 AM
My view of the universe is nothing to do with my religious beliefs; and my religious views are nothing to do with science.

A belief that science explains everything is called the philosophy of science: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_science

Such a position relies upon a strong faith in the unknown. I would never make such unjustifiable claims, but if you want to then that's your prerogative.
11-12-2010, 12:30 PM
(11-12-2010 05:35 AM)fr0d0 Wrote:  My view of the universe is nothing to do with my religious beliefs;

That means that the universe was not created by god, They have nothing to do with each other. If god created the universe then the universe and god are intertwined, and you just said that they were NOT related at all. You don't even pay attention to what YOU say.
11-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Pay attention NoJ: Knowledge of the origins of the universe falls under the realm of scientific endeavour. Philosophical considerations of creation address the basic assumptions about human nature.
11-12-2010, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2010 01:48 PM by No J..)
(11-12-2010 12:55 PM)fr0d0 Wrote:  Philosophical considerations of creation address the basic assumptions about human nature.

You just said that philosphy covers assumptions (beliefs) and not verifiable evidence. By this statement, philosophy is rendered useless as a learning tool. Assumptions are NOT facts or reliable data, they ARE beliefs, which need the scientific process to verify their validity, or lack there of.

Godless is right in all posts in this thread. Read his posts and take the time to learn from him, and everyone else for that matter. In all the posts of yours that I have read since you started here, (I haven't read all your posts) I have not yet read one that shows any critical thinking or even the slightest bit of open mindedness. Yeah, you won't give my post any real thought and you won't learn anything from it, and you are going to post a reply that says I am full of crap. If you do I won't bother to answer. I will know it is pointless. Bye.
11-12-2010, 02:12 PM
You know I think you're starting to get it NoJ.

Philosophy is always useless to science... YES!
11-12-2010, 02:16 PM
You are not getting it.
11-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks for that insightful comment NoJ.

When you get the chance, dare to think outside what everyone tells you to think Wink
11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
(11-12-2010 05:35 AM)fr0d0 Wrote:  My view of the universe is nothing to do with my religious beliefs; and my religious views are nothing to do with science.

A belief that science explains everything is called the philosophy of science: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_science

Such a position relies upon a strong faith in the unknown. I would never make such unjustifiable claims, but if you want to then that's your prerogative.

Strawman much?

Try addressing the actual point I made.