I... need...HAPPINESS!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2012, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 04:26 PM by tazmin98.)
RE: I... need...HAPPINESS!
(01-03-2012 04:23 PM)Zat Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 02:24 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I am so fucking depressed!
We need suffering to sort of keep us in check. If everyone in the world was happy, no one would appreciate what there is.

tazmin, if you believe the second part of the quote, I am not surprised by the first part.

All priests, political leaders and military apologists would wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.

You DON'T need suffering.

Nobody needs suffering.

That is the biggest bullshit I have ever heard, encouraged by all those low-lives who benefit from your suffering.

Apart from my wife's illness 4 years ago (from which she fully recovered -- and no, it did not make me a better person), I have not suffered from anything for decades and, trust me, I did not miss it.

The happier we are, the more we count our blessings.

Don't let the low-lives drag you down! Smile
Thanks!

I am just conflicted because I can't imagine the whole world being totally happy and there is no suffering. When I was still a young christian, I used to pray for world peace but now I don't think it can be possible(Maybe it will?). People have opposing ideologies, religions or interests, people are still squabbling over who is right. Then again if everyone was the same, it would be a boring place in this world. Plus, we need stupid people to entertain us.Wink

Sorry about your wife.Sad

Maybe we can archive a level of content across the world. Everyone is pretty ok(or happy) with their lives.

(01-03-2012 06:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
So I need some LOVE!! LOVE!! HAPPINESS!! WEEEE!!!!!

This should help, my young friend.

Hahahaha!
I feel pretty happy now!Big Grin
(01-03-2012 06:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  Screw philosophy, have a kitty Smile

[Image: funny-pictures-kitten-has-a-happy.jpg]

I wish. My mum would probably kick it in the stomach.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post
04-03-2012, 04:41 PM
you're pretty level headed. I'm sure you'll be OK Smile Besides which Zimbos always make a plan Wink
04-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Gotta love that dancing video!!!

Happiness - depression

Sometimes this is caused by physical matters - assuming you are a teenager, your hormones may be running rampant. In that case - not to worry, it has absolutely nothing to do with you, your personality and mental state. It'll be here and gone. Try eating something, it sometimes helps to change the body chemistry. Music can help too. So does movement - walk, dance, sports...

Sometimes depression can become a habit - like everytime you sit in this spot, or come home from x activity, or talk to xx for a while, you get depressed. You start wallowing in bad thoughts. In that case, recognizing it as it happens gives you the power to deflect it. When you feel it coming on, say to yourself: "there I go again, but not today" and do something else.

What also helps is change. Change anything. Change your hair, move your furniture, listen to a different type music, read something new, move from one spot to another, paint your walls, draw something and color it in, change your clothes, turn your chair around and sit in it that way, masturbate, anything and everything works as long as it's a change and a distraction.

And in general, just be aware that it's not you, most of the time it's the chemical balance in your body and there isn't a damn thing you can do about that. All you can do it be aware that it doesn't mean a thing, and distract yourself.

If you're not a teenager, or a woman with menopause, or a man in his midlife crisis, then just ignore everything I said. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
04-03-2012, 06:31 PM
(04-03-2012 05:26 PM)Dom Wrote:  Gotta love that dancing video!!!

That bearded dude at 3:45 in at Paris scares the shit out of me. I mean I've seen him in my dreams and he scared the shit out of me there too. This must be how lucradis feels about clowns. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-03-2012, 06:38 PM
(04-03-2012 06:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That bearded dude at 3:45 in at Paris scares the shit out of me. I mean I've seen him in my dreams and he scared the shit out of me there too. This must be how lucradis feels about clowns. Big Grin

I know exactly who you are talking about - he left an impression.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-03-2012, 06:59 PM
(04-03-2012 06:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  

It's almost like he's just too fucking happy, like scary happy.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
04-03-2012, 09:53 PM
(01-03-2012 06:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
So I need some LOVE!! LOVE!! HAPPINESS!! WEEEE!!!!!

This should help, my young friend.

The natives at the 2:15 mark were my favorite. Here's all the work that went into that few seconds of joy:

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-03-2012, 12:15 PM
(04-03-2012 06:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Did anyone see that fat guy in 1:06? I swear that belly was laughing!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
(05-03-2012 12:15 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  
(04-03-2012 06:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Did anyone see that fat guy in 1:06? I swear that belly was laughing!

Yep, these are the two that left an impression, other than the natives.

05-03-2012, 04:53 PM
To break away on a serious note, if you are feeling depressed find a trained counselor to speak with.
This can be very serious.
Don't be a tough guy.
It's no different than a physical illness, which you would see a doc in a minute.
Get some healing.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post