I need a new TV series to get addicted too!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: I need a new TV series to get addicted too!
(19-07-2013 10:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  All will be revealed. Which episode are you on? This is totally one of the few shows that gives me the most vivid dreams...it's wild.

Just watched the episode where the fat guy was seeing his invisible friend Dave.
Episode 18 of session 2 to be exact.

Just my luck the whole thing IS the fat guy imagining it all in some sort of psychotic coma.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2013, 12:31 AM
That episode was funny...isn't that also the one when you learn Libby was in the nut house with Hurley?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

20-07-2013, 02:06 AM
(20-07-2013 12:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That episode was funny...isn't that also the one when you learn Libby was in the nut house with Hurley?

Yip. Which makes me think she's a nut job who was on that plane because she was stalking him for whatever reason.
It's gonna suck for him when he figures it out. Oh well.

20-07-2013, 02:27 AM
(20-07-2013 02:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-07-2013 12:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That episode was funny...isn't that also the one when you learn Libby was in the nut house with Hurley?

Yip. Which makes me think she's a nut job who was on that plane because she was stalking him for whatever reason.

It won't matter. I'm on season 2 Hurley just threw away his food stash and they found more food. Oh wait....I think this was the episode he saw Dave in!

I think I'm just a few episodes behind ya. I won't be watching much tho until Sunday evening.

20-07-2013, 02:58 AM
(20-07-2013 02:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-07-2013 02:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yip. Which makes me think she's a nut job who was on that plane because she was stalking him for whatever reason.

It won't matter. I'm on season 2 Hurley just threw away his food stash and they found more food. Oh wait....I think this was the episode he saw Dave in!

I think I'm just a few episodes behind ya. I won't be watching much tho until Sunday evening.

That's the same episode I'm on. ><

You've caught up! I shall have to double my efforts. Big Grin

20-07-2013, 11:51 AM
You'll have a bit more time. I won't be watching (I'm guessing) it much until Sunday evening (hubby's leaving town).

21-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Session 2 finished.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-07-2013, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 10:51 AM by DeepThought.)
Lost was a total load of shit. The first 2 seasons were ok... though what ended up happening was:

The writers would open a bunch of story arks with each episode and hardly any of those story arks get closed. It was just sloppy writing... they open a bunch of threads, gauge audience response and go with safe options.

The writers continued dragging this shit out for 7 or 8 fucking seasons making sure it's a lost cause.

Then when the ratings bottom out the network pulls the plug. Then the writers panic and frantically try to tie off the 1 million loose ends using a deus ex machina magical waterfall narrative. Total fail...

So no, looking at it as a whole... what a load of shit! It's a great way to waste time and that's all it's good for.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
21-07-2013, 08:20 AM
(21-07-2013 03:00 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Lost was a total load of shit. The first 2 seasons were ok... thought what ended up happening was...

The writers would open a bunch of story arks with each episode and hardly any of those story arks get closed. It was just sloppy writing... they open a bunch of threads, guage audience response and go with safe options.

The writers continued dragging this shit out for 7 or 8 fucking seasons making sure it's a lost cause.

Then when the ratings bottom out the network pulls the plug. Then the writers panic and frantically try to tie off the 1 million lose ends using a deus ex machina magical waterfall narrative. Total fail...

So no, looking at it as a whole... what a load of shit! It's a great way to waste time and that's all it's good for.

Yup, that.

And the woo.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-07-2013, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 11:34 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(21-07-2013 03:00 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Lost was a total load of shit. The first 2 seasons were ok... though what ended up happening was:

The writers would open a bunch of story arks with each episode and hardly any of those story arks get closed. It was just sloppy writing... they open a bunch of threads, gauge audience response and go with safe options.

Then when the ratings bottom out the network pulls the plug. Then the writers panic and frantically try to tie off the 1 million loose ends using a deus ex machina magical waterfall narrative. Total fail...

I have to disagree a little. The ratings for all 6 seasons were pretty good (I think season 4 was considered the lowest rated -- but still stronger than many shows). The show did take some admittedly weird twists, which if you watched on tv became weirdly confusing. Also in the US, ABC fucked with the time slot -- 10pm on a Saturday I think was one of the moves...

The show was never supposed to go beyond 6 seasons. ABC bought the series knowing that. JJ Abrams and I can't remember who (I think it was a principle writer) said they knew exactly how the show would end from the beginning...ABC was annoyed with this and began streatching it out with doing weird stuff like holding back the season until after the Superbowl in February.

The DVD sales for Lost were really big, and ABC, when I last checked (a lomg while ago) still streams the show on their website (which is annoying -- because their website sucks), whereas other shows have been dropped.

Chas mentioned the woo -- and yes that did get tedious. But whatever -- it was also funny.

Edited to add -- I think most of the characters were fairly resolved and the "mythology" was also tied up. I mean -- lost did a way better job of doing it than say the X Files -- which most was never really resolved. Fucking Chris Carter insisted he'd do it in a movie...which now won't happen because of that waste of film they had -- that had zero to do with anything.