I need a new TV series to get addicted too!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: I need a new TV series to get addicted too!
Lost, one of the most overrated shows ever made with shit ending.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2013, 07:58 PM
(28-07-2013 04:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I'm on session 4, third episode and Desmond mention's his son's name is Charlie.
Makes one wonder if Desmond is Charlie's (from the plane crash, the rock star) father.

No, but Charlie does prove helpful and I think that's why. I doubt he's named after Penny's father.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

29-07-2013, 05:09 AM
I think I know how this is gonna end (currently half way through session 5).
This is gonna end with one big loop.
When Ben was taken to the temple he lost all memory. I think the monster did that. As such I think the monster is going to whip everyone's memory that was on the plane but now are in the Initiative, just in time for them to be dropped back like a week or whatever because the crash happens. Aka, one big never ending time shifting loop.
So I'm guessing, I know that it's suppose to end with them waking up and it was all a dream or some shit like that. Well, I think sure that's the ending, BUT it's because they wake up from losing their memories and they go about their life and end up in the original crash etc.. aka it all happens again, aka one big loop.

But I shall find out.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
29-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Naaah, not really, sorry to un-spoil it for you. 6th season brings a whole new WFTx2 moment. Big Grin There is no way anyone can guess how it ends, trust me.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
29-07-2013, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2013 09:20 AM by earmuffs.)
What I wanna know is how did the Ancient Egyptians, a non-sea voyage varying civilization make it to an island in the South Pacific?
Not to mention that the science is a total load of shit and there is like a thousand bible references every episode...
But w/e, it's still enjoyable. Except the hieroglyphic part, that's pissing me off.

Oh wait, there not gonna relate this to the pyramids are they?
They totally are aren't they? They're gonna use the pyramids of Giza as some sort of transportation thing aren't they? The pyramids were built as a "tele-pad" or some shit...
Oh well, at least that'd satisfy my annoyance with the hieroglyphics...

Consider
There was a picture of Anubis in the temple and he was bowing before the smoke monster... Anubis is the Egyptian god for mummifying or looking after the dead or something like that I can't remember. He was responsible for getting bitches from A to B (dead bitches) I believe. Maybe that means something? I dunno, could just be symbolism for the fact that the island is this time travel portal thingy.
Yea so I was right about Anubis. He is responsible for fairing people into the afterlife or leaving them for the Egyptian version of hell. So he was like a judge guy that judged people, decided if they went to heaven or hell. I suppose it's a bit late for that prediction considering I just watched the episode where Ben was judged.
What's stupid though is that Anubis is portrayed as bowing before the smoke monster... why would this smoke monster be doing the job of Anubis? Wait, maybe it is Anubis?? Maybe all these "magnetic spots" around the globe are various Gods???? Doubtful, but then again I was skeptical about the island moving and well... it moved.
I dunno, just trying to think outside the box. I suppose it would lead to the question of why is Anubis, a relatively unimportant Egyptian god (except when someone dies), on this magic island and not someone more important like Osis or Seth???
I dunno, I'll keep watching I guess...

29-07-2013, 10:49 PM
I love the fact that earmuffs still thinks he will have all the explanations... Welcome to the Lost world. Now die out of curiosity.

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
30-07-2013, 12:11 AM
(29-07-2013 10:49 PM)Filox Wrote:  I love the fact that earmuffs still thinks he will have all the explanations... Welcome to the Lost world. Now die out of curiosity.

Big Grin

If you loved that ending you must have been extremely stoned while watching the shit. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Stoner!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
30-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I fucking hated it!!

But, so will muffs...

And there is no turning back now, he has to see it all the way now.

Evil_monster

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
30-07-2013, 02:21 PM
(30-07-2013 12:11 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 10:49 PM)Filox Wrote:  I love the fact that earmuffs still thinks he will have all the explanations... Welcome to the Lost world. Now die out of curiosity.

Big Grin

If you loved that ending you must have been extremely stoned while watching the shit. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Stoner!

I loved the series overall. I didn't care for parts of the finale -- other parts were ok.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

30-07-2013, 06:20 PM
On the 5th session's final episode then one session to go.
I'll be done by the weeks end.