I need a new TV series to get addicted too!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2013, 05:09 AM
RE: I need a new TV series to get addicted too!
(03-08-2013 02:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There was nothing bloody wrong with that ending!
Seriously, it's like all you'll have read some review somewhere and are just jumping on the bandwagon.
It's like Avatar and everyone going on about how it's just Pocahontus (mind the spelling) because someone read a review somewhere and everyone's just jumping on the bandwagon to bash it.

The ending was great. Also, I have no idea how you'll fail to comprehend it.

I was worried that you'd totally lose interest. Really I was. I loved the show....yes the ending had a lot of "moving on" and whatever...

There were a few webisodes that took place after Hurley took over. They were funny.

I missed "The New Man in Charge" epilogue. Thanks!

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-08-2013, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 08:17 AM by DeepThought.)
(03-08-2013 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There was nothing bloody wrong with that ending!
Seriously, it's like all you'll have read some review somewhere and are just jumping on the bandwagon.
It's like Avatar and everyone going on about how it's just Pocahontus (mind the spelling) because someone read a review somewhere and everyone's just jumping on the bandwagon to bash it.

I comprehended it just fine. It sucked ass. Magic waterfall ending. Whoopdy fucking do. I came to that conclusion with out reading any reviews.

Was very dissappointing. Kindof expected that from season 4 onwards. It a series specifically designed to rot people's brains.

Every season opened new plot lines and abandoned important stuff that happed previously. They repeated this cycle too many times. Too much important stuff was left unanswered. The pseudo religio sciency stuff was bad as well. It shows how wonky the story was. It insulted my intelligence. I feel like I got brain damage from watching that shit.

Now that I'm thinking about it... I wonder if I can sue for damages? Mental anguish...

I guess I have different standards for what constitutes a good series.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
03-08-2013, 08:59 AM
(03-08-2013 07:27 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  

I comprehended it just fine. It sucked ass. Magic waterfall ending. Whoopdy fucking do. I came to that conclusion with out reading any reviews.

Was very dissappointing. Kindof expected that from season 4 onwards. It a series specifically designed to rot people's brains.

Every season opened new plot lines and abandoned important stuff that happed previously. They repeated this cycle too many times. Too much important stuff was left unanswered. The pseudo religio sciency stuff was bad as well. It shows how wonky the story was. It insulted my intelligence. I feel like I got brain damage from watching that shit.

Now that I'm thinking about it... I wonder if I can sue for damages? Mental anguish...

I guess I have different standards for what constitutes a good series.

The key is, when watching any movie or TV program for that matter, to realize that it's just a movie or TV program and so all the woo woo shit is for pure entertainment...
I mean it's not exactly a documentary...

Personal preference I guess.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
03-08-2013, 09:00 AM
So now wtf do I watch??

Lost took up all my TV/Movie viewing time for like the last month or two...
I am.. wait for it... waaaiiitttt for it!.. lost (ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bad pun) as to what to do now.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-08-2013, 09:08 AM
(03-08-2013 09:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So now wtf do I watch??

Lost took up all my TV/Movie viewing time for like the last month or two...
I am.. wait for it... waaaiiitttt for it!.. lost (ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bad pun) as to what to do now.

Watch your homework that should be already piling up around now.. how many uni subjects do you have this semester? Or are you studying part time?

03-08-2013, 09:17 AM
I have 4.
It's all under control.

03-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Highlander: The Raven.

-or-

Highlander The Series.

The second one will keep you busy for weeks. xD

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
03-08-2013, 09:11 PM
(03-08-2013 08:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The key is, when watching any movie or TV program for that matter, to realize that it's just a movie or TV program and so all the woo woo shit is for pure entertainment...
I mean it's not exactly a documentary...

Personal preference I guess.
Plenty of series do get it right. It's not a huge ask to have a smoothly connected storyline that doesn't abandon major plot points. It gave be the impression the writer was making shit up out of the blue for his own amusement without giving any thought to the previous stuff.

03-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Anyone else fall prey to the wonderful looking actors in Vikings? God damn History Channel - getting me right where it hurts. xD

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-08-2013, 05:54 PM
(03-08-2013 09:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So now wtf do I watch??

I'm getting ready to watch Breaking Bad once it finishes. Seen a couple of episodes here and there (dude pretended mercury fulminate was meth to blow the shit outta some drug dealer's den) but haven't watched it from the start.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.