I need a new TV series to get addicted too!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: I need a new TV series to get addicted too!
(25-04-2013 04:52 PM)nach_in Wrote:  new girl
good wife
big bang theory
how i met your mother
doctor who
glee
true blood
Monk
Once upon a time
Supernatural
The Borgias
The Tudors
Downton Abbey

You need to get outside more.

Read a book now and then, willya??!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-04-2013, 11:03 PM
(25-04-2013 10:02 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What a bunch of crap you peeps watch. Dodgy

A show that glorifies a fucking meth manufacturer. That's when you know your moral values are in the toilet. And whoever the fuck invented the laugh track needs to be penetrated anally with a rusty dumpster. What's that? To shame you into laughing at horrendous tripe?

Buffy.

Angel

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-04-2013, 11:29 PM
(25-04-2013 10:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Teen Mom
Teen Mom 2
16 and Pregnant
Jersey Shore
Snooki and JWoww

This will keep you busy for awhile.

no
no
no
Seen all episodes, long story, don't ask. Even seen half the UK version...
oh hell no.

Quote:Elementary is more fun than I expected. Arrow has been pretty good as well.
Especially if you like shirtless men or need motivation to hit the gym.

And Top Gear UK is still one of my favorite programs.

Ahhh, who doesn't like shirtless men?

And Top Gear, of course, I've seen most of the sessions but not like the last 2 or 3 sessions. Love that fucking show. The aussie version and American version were absolute rubbish. Jeremy, May and Hammond truly make that show, I really couldn't see anyone else doing it.

Quote:Dexter!

Nope. Dexter is in my bad books, I having a Dexter boycott until it gains my respect back.
That'll learn it for switching channels on me half way through the session I was following onto a channel we didn't have.. Angry

Quote: ears, Rescue me. Trust me on this one.

Of course, Lost is a hook-up as well.

there

Consider Trust you... Consider
I dunno...
I'll add it to the list, but if you're wrong and my trust in you was misplaced, I will track you down and slap you in the face with a fish.

Quote:Justified.
American Horror Story
The Americans

ie., most shows from FX.

Wait, Fox has other shows besides right wing conservative "news" shows?

Quote:Did you see The Shield while it ran? Great show, Vic Mackey knows how to get himself into and out of trouble.

You have a Game of Thrones picture as your avatar, thus you have good taste, I suspect I can trust you.
Though the same applies to you, if you are wrong...

Quote:Eureka
Warehouse 13
Leverage
My Little Pony

I've never herd of the first three, but you included My little pony which I have absolutely no intention of watching... and now I suspect the first thing are similar in nature... Dodgy

Quote:Breaking bad.

The amount of people that go on about this...
I know nothing about it but it sounds like some sort of homoerotic gay cowboy thing... Dodgy

Quote:House

Love it, seen it.

Quote:Yu Gi Oh, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Hamtaro, Digimon... to name a few.

Fuck off. I can't stand that Japanese crap.

Quote:doctor who
glee
true blood
Monk

Crap
Crap
Crap
Crap

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
25-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Re: I need a new TV series to get addicted too!
I hear Spartacus is pretty damn good. Haven't seen it myself though.
25-04-2013, 11:34 PM
What??? No one suggested Prison Break yet? It's fantastic.
25-04-2013, 11:49 PM
(25-04-2013 11:34 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  What??? No one suggested Prison Break yet? It's fantastic.

Seen it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
26-04-2013, 10:54 AM
(25-04-2013 11:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, Fox has other shows besides right wing conservative "news" shows?

Yep. These and shows like Rescue Me and The Shield are all FX. Its not all right wing propaganda. Smile

Quote:You have a Game of Thrones picture as your avatar, thus you have good taste, I suspect I can trust you.
Though the same applies to you, if you are wrong...

Both shows are excellent. Watch the first episode of The Shield, really sets the tone for the whole show, if you like it then you should enjoy the rest of it as well.

Quote:I've never herd of the first three, but you included My little pony which I have absolutely no intention of watching... and now I suspect the first thing are similar in nature... Dodgy

I rather think that last one was a joke... the other two are nothing like MLP. The first two are sci-fi/supernatural type shows and Leverage is one of those episodic shows of thieves digging dirt up on bigger scumbags to "leverage" them.

Quote:The amount of people that go on about this...
I know nothing about it but it sounds like some sort of homoerotic gay cowboy thing... Dodgy

Its about a middle aged meth cook Thumbsup

Quote:Fuck off. I can't stand that Japanese crap.

He gave horrible examples, not all are kiddie shows. I don't know what your tastes are like in shows but there are options like Death Note and Ghost in the Shell that are more "adult". then again if you don't like any silliness at all I suppose it isn't for you.
26-04-2013, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 11:30 AM by nach_in.)
(25-04-2013 11:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 04:52 PM)nach_in Wrote:  new girl
good wife
big bang theory
how i met your mother
doctor who
glee
true blood
Monk
Once upon a time
Supernatural
The Borgias
The Tudors
Downton Abbey

You need to get outside more.

Read a book now and then, willya??!

Oh, but I read a lot, I have the biggest library I know of among all the people I met since I came to the uni. I've read more than 50 literature books (it's a small number because of reasons Sad ) and more than 500 counting all my law books Tongue

(25-04-2013 11:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:doctor who
glee
true blood
Monk

Crap
Crap
Crap
Crap

glee i understand, but the rest? I'm sorry, but I can't respect you anymore dude, this is sad day indeed Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
26-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Spartacus sucks unless you're 16 years old or younger. No offense, my younger friends, but that show is pure boob and boredom.

[Image: killing-floor-screen-banner.jpg]
27-04-2013, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2013 04:51 AM by Filox.)
Spartacus sucks? What is wrong with you? Spartacus is great, at least until Andy was alive, but the rest is good enough. Blood, gore, sex, what more do you want?

Big Grin

Ears, Breaking bad is about a middle class chemistry teacher (Nobel price winner) that end's up cooking the purest meth in the world. Fucking incredible show.

Now, about Rescue me, you asked for something to get you hooked up. Most of the shows people suggested here are OK shows or sitcoms, but nothing is a hook-up. You know, the show that you need to play one after another until they are all gone, you just have to see the next episode? So, the show that blew me away, I spend 3 days in the bed watching it was Lost. My problem with Lost was the time I started watching it, it was the 2nd season. Then I had to wait for the next one. You don't, you can download all 6 of them and die happy. Back to Rescue me. Although Lost is simply great, Rescue me is more realistic, quite different. Quite different from all the other cop, fireman, ER shows you have seen. Quite different from anything. It has everything you can imagine, drunk Irish guy, stupid one, gay one, puertorican one, the old one, wife problems, lover problems, then there is all the fire shit, more drinking, beating, more shit and poor old Dennis Leary is there in his life role, nervous Irish drunk fuck. I think you might love his character, you seem rather nervous, I'm sure you can learn a lot from Tommy Gavin.

You know what, I might start watching it again...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson