I need a new TV series to get addicted too!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2013, 10:58 AM
RE: I need a new TV series to get addicted too!
Weeds. Mid 30ish, newly widowed, upper/middle class, suburban mother of 2 boys, needs to make ends meet so, she starts selling pot. Antics ensue. Funny as hell - downright hilarious at times, while subtly touching on cultural issues. (One episode had some scenes with fundamentalist christees - I literally had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard!)

Qi is always around - not on enough as far as I'm concerned. Dodgy

I just saw the first episode of The Bletchley Circle last week and fuck, it's good! Detective story, puzzles, history, suspense, drama. I think it will probably be my next addiction - hope it lasts a while although, I suspect it's a mini-series. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-04-2013, 11:51 AM
(25-04-2013 11:33 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I hear Spartacus is pretty damn good. Haven't seen it myself though.

Spartacus was damn good. Bloody like only the Romans could see as perfectly normal entertainment! Only thing that pissed me off was the last episode of the last season; thought the series would be over. A final world ending battle-royal bloodfest, but it wasn't. The real story = Spartacus dies, Crassus & his legions win. Not so in the series; watch it to find out Smile If there's anymore episodes.....I'm just a little leery! I'm the kinda asshole that gets all bent out of shape when historical truth is twisted to serve entertainment value, as there are more than a few people out there that will take Hollywood's version as fact Undecided Worth a watch, though!!!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
27-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Maybe it's because I already have boobs and I'm 75% of the time naked that other boobs lose their appeal after 25 minutes or so of staring at them. Or maybe it's because I thought it was in pretty bad taste for The Protagonist and His Wife to have sex right after all their friends and family were brutally murdered and that put me off the show's otherwise glorious boobies.

In any case, it's on!

[Image: killing-floor-screen-banner.jpg]
27-04-2013, 11:16 PM
House MD
Big Bang Theory
MLP: FIM
Firefly
And more I can't think of ATM
28-04-2013, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2013 04:17 AM by Filox.)
(27-04-2013 11:51 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 11:33 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I hear Spartacus is pretty damn good. Haven't seen it myself though.

Spartacus was damn good. Bloody like only the Romans could see as perfectly normal entertainment! Only thing that pissed me off was the last episode of the last season; thought the series would be over. A final world ending battle-royal bloodfest, but it wasn't. The real story = Spartacus dies, Crassus & his legions win. Not so in the series; watch it to find out Smile If there's anymore episodes.....I'm just a little leery! I'm the kinda asshole that gets all bent out of shape when historical truth is twisted to serve entertainment value, as there are more than a few people out there that will take Hollywood's version as fact Undecided Worth a watch, though!!!

You didn't really see last episode of the last season, now, did you? LOL Big Grin

So you didn't see that giant spear, then 2 more spears that went all the way though Spartacus and then at the end the grave Agron made? Crassus did win, he captured Everyone else and crucified them all.

What I didn't like was Cesar, you can not put in a guy that will not die, because Cesar can not die, because he is Cesar, so when Cesar fight with Gannicus, we know who will win... That was some bullshit.

And now I remembered a great show called ROME. All praises to Spartacus, but Rome is 10 times better show. It's about 2 Roman soldiers that end up in all sorts of shit. It is even based on some historical records about the two of them, for real.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384766/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 (imdb rating 8.9)

If you would like some real, hard-core Wild West, then there is only one solution: Deadwood. I never liked Westerns so much, but this ... it just ... yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KsU89R1A8M

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348914/?ref_=sr_1 (imdb rating 8.9)

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
28-04-2013, 08:31 AM
I can't even think of a good tv show beyond shit like NOVA, Horizon, Nature... tv just fucking blows. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
28-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Well, fuck. I just started re-watching Pokemon again. Why not do that. I mean, if you didn't watch Pokemon as a kid you were never a kid.

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
28-04-2013, 12:12 PM
(28-04-2013 04:06 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(27-04-2013 11:51 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Spartacus was damn good. Bloody like only the Romans could see as perfectly normal entertainment! Only thing that pissed me off was the last episode of the last season; thought the series would be over. A final world ending battle-royal bloodfest, but it wasn't. The real story = Spartacus dies, Crassus & his legions win. Not so in the series; watch it to find out Smile If there's anymore episodes.....I'm just a little leery! I'm the kinda asshole that gets all bent out of shape when historical truth is twisted to serve entertainment value, as there are more than a few people out there that will take Hollywood's version as fact Undecided Worth a watch, though!!!

You didn't really see last episode of the last season, now, did you? LOL Big Grin

So you didn't see that giant spear, then 2 more spears that went all the way though Spartacus and then at the end the grave Agron made? Crassus did win, he captured Everyone else and crucified them all.

What I didn't like was Cesar, you can not put in a guy that will not die, because Cesar can not die, because he is Cesar, so when Cesar fight with Gannicus, we know who will win... That was some bullshit.

And now I remembered a great show called ROME. All praises to Spartacus, but Rome is 10 times better show. It's about 2 Roman soldiers that end up in all sorts of shit. It is even based on some historical records about the two of them, for real.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384766/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 (imdb rating 8.9)

If you would like some real, hard-core Wild West, then there is only one solution: Deadwood. I never liked Westerns so much, but this ... it just ... yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KsU89R1A8M

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348914/?ref_=sr_1 (imdb rating 8.9)

I'll definitely check out Rome. Remember it being on, but never caught an episode. Are there new episodes of Spartacus coming out? Even if so, I don't know if I could bring myself to watch it, given that last one I watched!! I don't want to spoil it for any who haven't watched, but gawdamit Hollywood....you stab me AGAIN Sad

28-04-2013, 12:18 PM
(27-04-2013 06:01 AM)smidgen Wrote:  Sons of Anarchy.

The first few seasons were good though its gone downhill lately, like many stories like this its gotten more and more ridiculous.

(27-04-2013 10:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(26-04-2013 07:40 PM)DancingSkeletons Wrote:  Spartacus sucks unless you're 16 years old or younger. No offense, my younger friends, but that show is pure boob and boredom.

I would take this criticism more seriously if it had not come from someone who suggested Adventure time and Cowboy Bebop as good shows. Tongue

I've never seen Spartacus so I can't judge the show but insulting Cowboy Bebop brings out my fangs. Are you one of those who thinks anything animated is for kids by default?
28-04-2013, 12:30 PM
(28-04-2013 08:31 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I can't even think of a good tv show beyond shit like NOVA, Horizon, Nature... tv just fucking blows. Big Grin

Yea - I don't have tv - not piped in, anyway. I see it when I'm in other people's houses or hotels. I get all my shit from internet or DVD rental.

PBS actually lets you watch their shit for free on internet... that's where I saw The Bletchley Circle.

And yes... Heart NOVA ... always, NOVA Heart

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post