I need advice: Ex-Christians only please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2017, 12:32 PM
RE: I need advice: Ex-Christians only please
(05-01-2017 08:50 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 09:18 PM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  What should I do?
I've thought about starting my own church. What an easy money making job.

I'm still thinking about it. Yes

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2017, 12:40 PM
I personally could not imagine standing up in front and spouting that blather and pretending I believe it once I don't any more. I am a lot more honest than that, but I have long held that most people in the ministry don't really believe it , How could they? so you are not alone (If I am right.)
06-01-2017, 12:46 PM
(06-01-2017 12:40 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I personally could not imagine standing up in front and spouting that blather and pretending I believe it once I don't any more. I am a lot more honest than that, but I have long held that most people in the ministry don't really believe it , How could they? so you are not alone (If I am right.)

It's just a sales job.
06-01-2017, 12:46 PM
(06-01-2017 12:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 08:50 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I've thought about starting my own church. What an easy money making job.

I'm still thinking about it. Yes

You want to be one of my Deacons?
06-01-2017, 01:02 PM
(06-01-2017 12:46 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 12:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm still thinking about it. Yes

You want to be one of my Deacons?

I am available to run a branch office. ALways eay to convert third world people. Or the churches wouldn't have world wide missions, would they?
06-01-2017, 01:16 PM
(06-01-2017 01:02 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 12:46 PM)KUSA Wrote:  You want to be one of my Deacons?

I am available to run a branch office. ALways eay to convert third world people. Or the churches wouldn't have world wide missions, would they?

Third world people don't have any money. I want a rich congregation. Are you any good at accounting?
06-01-2017, 10:22 PM
(04-01-2017 09:18 PM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  I partially agree with them, but I feel so hypocritical. I teach Sunday school, serve communion, & give public prayers knowing I don't believe any of this stuff. What should I do?

Decide which activities you're comfortable doing, and continue doing those. You might be comfortable to participate in prayer but not to lead it, for example.

Youth work is usually in-demand, so you can probably find alternative employment or volunteering opportunities quite easily, if you wanted to continue to serve in that area. Working at youth centres, coaching sporting teams, that kind of thing. I understand it's not your primary job of course.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post
07-01-2017, 07:07 AM
(04-01-2017 09:18 PM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  I'm currently a youth minister at my church... but I just recently became an atheist 2 months ago. I really want to reveal the truth to my church & quit living a lie, but my Christian family & friends are encouraging me to stay silent about it & just continue leading at the church. They say that I've influenced wayyy too many people to come out & say I don't believe in God anymore.
And I can't step down quietly... gossip spreads quickly in my church.

I partially agree with them, but I feel so hypocritical. I teach Sunday school, serve communion, & give public prayers knowing I don't believe any of this stuff. What should I do?

You could probably back out slowly to avoid drama, just drop one activity and then wait a bit and drop the next. You could tell them you just want to be doing other things with your time.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
20-01-2017, 10:11 AM
(04-01-2017 09:18 PM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  I'm currently a youth minister at my church... but I just recently became an atheist 2 months ago. I really want to reveal the truth to my church & quit living a lie, but my Christian family & friends are encouraging me to stay silent about it & just continue leading at the church. They say that I've influenced wayyy too many people to come out & say I don't believe in God anymore.
And I can't step down quietly... gossip spreads quickly in my church.

I partially agree with them, but I feel so hypocritical. I teach Sunday school, serve communion, & give public prayers knowing I don't believe any of this stuff. What should I do?

So many wonderful parables to investigate... why not focus on the practical application of some of these stories and enjoy a human approach to your engagement rather than worry too much about the traditional approach? I was born a Christian as was my parents wish, Sunday school, Church and all that, read the Bible and found some great human philosophy which I still investigate to date.
For example: seed thrown on unfertile ground will not grow... Is the ground possibly the mind or the soul and if the mind is not calm and empty and yet healthy via healthy body then even a good idea would have no chance to grow.... and so on ...many ways to expound this concept...good luck and if you still feel troubled after a while then move on...
21-01-2017, 04:11 AM
Reply.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.