I need help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2015, 07:33 AM
I need help!
I don't know what's wrong with me why am I always so anxious and angry. Violent thoughts constantly come up when people even look at me funny. I can't smoke for the time being seeing as my med board is finally underway.

I tried a civilian doctor to talk to but I don't really trust talking to them in fear of them throwing me in the nut house again. I can't talk to any older people that I look up to because their only answer is God which will only start an argument. I can't turn to my wife fully in fear of scaring her. Why did I go on that damn deployment!!! What am I going to do? I feel like crying while bashing someone's head in(not that I would).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2015, 07:48 AM
RE: I need help!
Have you considering counselling instead of talking to your doctor? I'm actually trying to get some support for my own issues and that's one option.
22-07-2015, 07:51 AM
(22-07-2015 07:48 AM)MrsRusty Wrote:  Have you considering counselling instead of talking to your doctor? I'm actually trying to get some support for my own issues and that's one option.

The last few years I've seen over 6 different(the first five were out of my control due to the military moving them around so much). Oh and by doctors I meant psychologist and psychiatrist. What do you mean by counseling?
22-07-2015, 07:53 AM
I just meant someone who isn't necessarily a doctor but it does sound like you have already tried that with the psychologists and psychiatrists.
22-07-2015, 08:07 AM
I agree that it sounds like you need some help, and I hope that you find someone who's compatible, discreet, and good at counseling.

One small thing I'd recommend, based on my own experiences, is that you take some time to figure out what you want to change the most. If you can come up with one or two things that will give you a feeling of control or better energy, etc., then you and your counselor have a direction, focus, and some goals.

I sometimes use this kind of short-term, goal-oriented therapy, and it's been very beneficial for me.

Best wishes for things to get better for you very soon.
22-07-2015, 10:14 AM
I would reach out specifically to civilian groups that specialize in the issues of soldiers.

Totally agree with you about how dangerous it can be to trust Government "help".

Please continue to seek help, and to work with (not against) your psychologist/psychiatrist.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post