I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?
(09-03-2015 01:00 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  The next dark ages are coming.

They're already here.

[Image: bleachbirthcontrol.jpg]

You know what to do.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 10:48 AM
(08-03-2015 10:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 04:48 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Well each Muslim fundamentalist could have completely contrasting views anyway. It's kind of a paradoxical term. I.E, MLK was a Christian fundamentalist and a pacifist, although the bible contains many violent fundamentals.

I hate using that term because it creates so many problems. Another example is that if a holy book consisted of 99% violent verses and then one peaceful verse such as "don't do harm to others", would a fundamentalist of that religion be peaceful or violent? Does the 99% carry weight over the 1%?

Another thing to note is that fundamentalism is not actually the problem with religions, it's the fundamentals themselves which are. I think I saw Sam Harris use this example before, Fundamentalist Jains are the most peaceful people on earth as the fundamentals of Jainism are 100% about peace.

How one interprets the text is also another issue.

I prefer to use the term radical.

Altogether I think I can conclude that because of these issues, holy books are a fucking waste of time.

MLK was clearly a liberal Christian, not a fundamentalist.

I would say that he was a fundamentalist as insofar as he quoted, preached and believed literally in the more liberal parts of the bible. I've seen so many people call him a fundamentalist and didn't understand what they meant, though I do now. Although I wouldn't call him a fundamentalist liberal (lol)

As I said I think the term is paradoxical in religions that have contradictory texts.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
09-03-2015, 11:00 AM
(09-03-2015 01:00 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  The next dark ages are coming.

For fuck sakes...STOP

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-03-2015, 01:07 PM
(08-03-2015 09:02 PM)DuffMan Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 07:09 PM)Blackout Wrote:  I really need to know this. Basically my girlfriend hates Islam (for obvious reasons) and she is in a class about multiculturalism, so her professor accused her of being Islamophobic because she showed dislike towards the religion of Islam and the consequences attached to it. He proceeded to tell her that Muslim fundies are only 0.1% of the population of Muslims. He also told her that discriminating based on religion is equally bad as discriminating based on race or gender (forgetting that people do choose religion but not things like race)

I have doubts that fundies are so little in number. She needs to prove him wrong, obviously - So, can anyone tell me where to find sources? Anything will help

I'm not sure about this but I think he got the sources from the council that deals with Muslims' human rights issues, so I doubt it's reliable.
Quick synapses, the problem with fundamental Muslims is the fundamentals of Islam are violent.
Tell me were you live, country?

I can quote you stats and give you sources, I'll assume UK for now. I've done soooo much research and have a lot of off hand knowledge, I shlt on motherfukers that try and call me Islamophobe. I don't walk around with pages of source material, but as soon as I starting quoting stats off hand they know to shut the hell up.

Be weary of history buffs though, they be slippery.

"78% of Muslims thought that the publishers of the Danish cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed should be prosecuted, 68% thought those who insulted Islam should be prosecuted and 62% of people disagree that freedom of speech should be allowed"

"NOP characterised 9% of the Muslims they surveyed as “hardcore Islamists” – people who thought that it was perfectly okay to speak in support of terrorism, but thought people should be prosecuted for insulting Islam."

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/291

I'm not British, but thanks. This is about the EU anyway so it's not relevant where I'm from.

I just want to prove that only 0.5% of fundies is an impossible statistic.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche