I need help to debunk a creationist :P

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: I need help to debunk a creationist :P
(04-05-2014 09:58 AM)Hejhejhej Wrote:  Hello, i would like to have some help in debunking the things that Dr. Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig says in a podcast and writes in his anti-evolutionist book, The evolution of the long necked giraffe

Here is the link to those who has the time to listen to a 5 minute bit of the podcast, his stupidity basically starts after 14 minutes and forward.. http://intelligentdesign.podomatic.com/e...0_09-07_00

To those that don't have the time to listen, here is his main points:

First of he talks about all the amazing features of the giraffe that makes it able to do things like drinking water despite of its long neck, pumping blood all the way to its head and that it has thick veins so that they don't burst due to the high blood pressure and so on..
He then continues by saying that, it is impossible for a short necked giraffe to have evolved into a long necked giraffe because it would need to have evolved all of the above mentioned complex features needed for an animal with such a long neck.. Here are some of his assertions:

"you cannot, as whats suggested by Richard Dawkins just simply stretch out the neck during an embryonic deviation and then have a long necked giraffe"

Has Richard Dawkins ever said such a thing? It sounds to me that Dr. Lönning is saying that he thinks that Dawkins says that a short necked giraffe gave birth to a long necked giraffe ^.- or am i misinterpreting what Lönning is saying?

Then he basically says: ONE LARGE or a FEW mutations cannot have produced all the complex features that the giraffe needs to survive with its long neck, such as a large heart and thick blood vessels

My question is; Is it really mutations that has produced these features? isn't it just natural selection that has been effecting the the size of the heart and the needed thick blood vessels during a loooong time for it to be able to survive with such a long neck?

He then says that it is impossible for a short necked giraffe to evolve to a long necked giraffe through random mutations..

And again i ask.. Has anyone ever said that the giraffes long neck is due to mutations?! Isn't it due to natural selection that the giraffes neck has become so long?

Sorry if my english was inadequate, it isn't my first language : P

Sorry, this isn't about the giraffe but on that same youtube page that Peeboth posted is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK3O6KYPmEw

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Anti-evolutionists are such retards. Their arguments are anything except.
04-05-2014, 04:25 PM
The funny part to me is the lack of perspective on the part of creationists when it comes to the question, "As opposed to what...."

Is evolution a remarkable mechanism for the explanation for life? Heck, yeah. But as opposed to a Christian and Islamic god story that borders on psychopathy and insanity? Not so much.

Now, give me a omnipotent loving creator god story and a reality where events like incoming hurricanes inexplicably failing to do any damage, petering out and dumping water on a drought stricken area threatening to cause famine, and all fatalities turning out to be serial killers and rapists are routine... Yeah, I'm all over it. But at least evolution isn't intentionally playing "hide and go seek" with its creation.
04-05-2014, 05:14 PM
haha, actually in the podcast after the one i posted at first, he says that the laryngeal nerve in the giraffe actually has alot of functions, as many of you predicted he would Wink

Anyway, if anyone would be interested in commenting specifically on my questions about his assertions, i would be more then happy!

I know he's an anti scientific crazy person, and i know that evolution is true, but as i said i would love to get some specific answers to my questions Smile

Thank you all for the many responses

With love, the Swede Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Hejhejhej's post
05-05-2014, 05:48 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...reationist

Hope I helped.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-05-2014, 09:33 PM
(04-05-2014 05:14 PM)Hejhejhej Wrote:  haha, actually in the podcast after the one i posted at first, he says that the laryngeal nerve in the giraffe actually has alot of functions, as many of you predicted he would Wink

Anyway, if anyone would be interested in commenting specifically on my questions about his assertions, i would be more then happy!

I know he's an anti scientific crazy person, and i know that evolution is true, but as i said i would love to get some specific answers to my questions Smile

Thank you all for the many responses

With love, the Swede Smile

This is the definition of argument from ignorance, mixed with argument from authority and strawman.
IG: I can't think of a better design, therefore it's perfect. Dawkins believes a fish had butt sex with a monkey, so evolution must be false. He's also an atheist, and you wouldn't want to trust those people right? Right.

Atir aissom atir imon