I need some advice for a friend who is falsely charged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: I need some advice for a friend who is falsely charged
Your friend doesn't live in USA. I would like to know if your friend live in the country in which you live (Greece). If this is a case your friend is a Greek or a foreigner ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 01:37 PM
What country is he being charged in? Do they go on presumption of innocence for the accused? If they do, and the evidence is lacking, then it may be dropped.

Is he accused of having the weapons on his person, property or shared property? If they are claiming he had them on him and cannot produce them it makes them look bad. If, on the other hand, they say he possessed them and they were on his property, then they have a stronger case. If his "friends" sre storing these things there with or without his knowledge he could be in for a lot of trouble.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
05-12-2013, 01:38 PM
(05-12-2013 12:44 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Your friend doesn't live in USA. I would like to know if your friend live in the country in which you live (Greece). If this is a case your friend is a Greek or a foreigner ?

No, he doesn't live in Greece either, why? I'd rather not say more than that, I wouldn't want to expose him in any way.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-12-2013, 02:11 PM
(04-12-2013 05:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Is it possible the judge won't even bother with his case due to the lack of actual evidence?

Lack of evidence might get a judge to dismiss the case, depends on how hard someone wants to press charges.

They might want to press hard just to get him to give up info on someone else they might be looking at. If they know that he knows a person they want, they could press.

It also might depend on his actions past, present, and future. If there is enough of a case, they may decide he's more involved than he's letting on, and that could put him away for a while. Then, if things continue to add up, it could lengthen his stretch.

He just needs to back away from everyone and everything no matter what or, risk the consequences that he's already being forced to explore for such involvements.

Protest is one thing I fully support. Raising a weapon to do so, is entirely another matter. When the line between the two becomes blurred, it's time to step away, evaluate, and cut connections between the two. This is not a time to make irrational choices. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post