I need some reality!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2015, 10:42 AM
I need some reality!!!
Hi all!
I'm new to the forum. I live in what you wouldn't necessarily call jebus town but Northern California is not very atheist friendly. And when I say Northern California I'm not talking about San Francisco or even Sacratomato. That's not northern. I'm talking Yreka. 45 minutes from the Oregon border. Now what's really funny about that statement is that I moved from Arkansas in July 2013.
I know RIGHT???
I'm really needing some reality. Living with a bible belt believing the bibull is the true word of god and the reason I believe is because when I die I'm going to be with all my dead relatives person is the most depressing thing I have ever done.
Is there anybody on here from up here? HELP!!!
Mothra
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: I need some reality!!!
(05-02-2015 10:42 AM)pwmothra Wrote:  Hi all!
I'm new to the forum. I live in what you wouldn't necessarily call jebus town but Northern California is not very atheist friendly. And when I say Northern California I'm not talking about San Francisco or even Sacratomato. That's not northern. I'm talking Yreka. 45 minutes from the Oregon border. Now what's really funny about that statement is that I moved from Arkansas in July 2013.
I know RIGHT???
I'm really needing some reality. Living with a bible belt believing the bibull is the true word of god and the reason I believe is because when I die I'm going to be with all my dead relatives person is the most depressing thing I have ever done.
Mothra

I have friends who live in Redway. I remember thinking...people live here? Laugh out load

Yeah....

The only thing you can do is move....Which sucks...

I'd suggest saying move to Oregon, but really it's not different. Too many churches and booze, beer and wine is state controlled and too damn expensive.

Ok, I'm thinking more about myself and how badly I want out of this area. Yeah, I'd almost consider Yreka. Almost...We did look at Crescent City but (don't laugh) the weather scared us off....It is to laugh -- considering we ended up rainy hell. Facepalm

I would suggest to try Petaluma or Santa Rosa. At one time I would have suggested Napa, but hot damn it's expensive now. Or maybe Shasta area? Hmmmm.... (again, I'm probably thinking more for myself).

You'll still find religious people but...the population increase negates the bothersome "you go to church?" talk.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-02-2015, 11:34 AM
I know moving is the logical thing to do but financially not an option. I am really stuck. No jobs here. My family lives in the bay, Benicia and Vallejo and are for the most part just as religious. I just need to connect with people that are living in reality. Intelligent discussions with an atheist would really help my mental state.
[+] 1 user Likes pwmothra's post
05-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Thread Moved to Introductions

05-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Welcome to our community.

Make yourself at home and jump in anywhere. Smile

05-02-2015, 12:31 PM
(05-02-2015 10:42 AM)pwmothra Wrote:  Hi all!
I know RIGHT???
Mothra

Did you ever run into Jodi Arias while in Yreka, CA ?! Isnt she from there ? Welcome to the forum
05-02-2015, 01:07 PM
I didn't realize she was from here. I've only live here for about 18 months.
05-02-2015, 01:29 PM
(05-02-2015 01:07 PM)pwmothra Wrote:  I didn't realize she was from here. I've only live here for about 18 months.

Actually she wasn't from there, but lived there for a while.

According to Wikipedia. I had no clue who she was. Shy

Yes, I live comfortably in my bubble.

05-02-2015, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 04:40 PM by QuasiAtheist.)
(05-02-2015 01:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 01:07 PM)pwmothra Wrote:  I didn't realize she was from here. I've only live here for about 18 months.

Actually she wasn't from there, but lived there for a while.

According to Wikipedia. I had no clue who she was. Shy

Yes, I live comfortably in my bubble.

True, she lived there for awhile and was a waitress in a Mexican restaurant in Yreka . Let us hope that she gets totally fair justice for her heinous crime . By the way, what is it about reality that you need some of ?