I need the word for something can you help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I need the word for something can you help
One of my main interests is studying axioms in philosophy, what can we reasonably assume, in mathematics and philosophy, I'm having trouble finding a word for the study of it, I assumed it would be axiometrics but i got no results... is there a word for the study of axioms?

"A witty quote means nothing"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 12:37 PM
RE: I need the word for something can you help
(03-01-2015 12:35 PM)tear151 Wrote:  One of my main interests is studying axioms in philosophy, what can we reasonably assume, in mathematics and philosophy, I'm having trouble finding a word for the study of it, I assumed it would be axiometrics but i got no results... is there a word for the study of axioms?

Propositional logic?

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
03-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Axiology?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=axiology
03-01-2015, 12:47 PM
I think axiomatic systems is a thing. Perhaps...axiomatic systems analysis ... ?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-01-2015, 01:25 PM
(03-01-2015 12:44 PM)GenericBox Wrote:  Axiology?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=axiology

no axiology is a broad term for ethics and values, I'm talking about epistemology.

03-01-2015, 01:29 PM
(03-01-2015 12:37 PM)gofish! Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 12:35 PM)tear151 Wrote:  One of my main interests is studying axioms in philosophy, what can we reasonably assume, in mathematics and philosophy, I'm having trouble finding a word for the study of it, I assumed it would be axiometrics but i got no results... is there a word for the study of axioms?

Propositional logic?

no it's more the study of the assumptions required for propositional logic such as aristotle's law of identity (A=A), study of a reasonable assertion. Are they obvious... meta logic i guess? Etc.