I need to get something off my chest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I need to get something off my chest
So I went with a friend to the local swimming pool today. We were swimming for about an hour. I even tried the diving board with her, facing my fears of it. It was nice. The lifeguards started to blow their whistles. They asked that everyone get out of the pool. They were dragging an older Asian man out of the pool. He was pale and not moving. I remember hearing from one of the lifeguards "Oh my god! Call an ambulance!" That's when it hit me: he was most likely dead. I remember being in the pool and my friend having one of those "noodle floaties" and my dragging her around the pool as she had a tummy ache from drinking the water by accident. I made sure we didn't get in the way of the older Asian man. The same man who drowned. Every time I was at the pool, he was there. I never spoke with him, but made sure he had his lane to swim whenever my friend and I were there. From what I heard, though it might be purely speculation, was that he had a heart attack and that he subsequently drowned. I only got confirmation that the man is dead from one of the lifeguards. I remember seeing life in his eyes. I was right next to him. And then seeing a dead body for the first time in my life; his body. I got home, told those closest to me. I even had a drink to give the old man a sendoff.

It sort of hit me how quickly we can be there and then suddenly we're gone. I didn't notice his passing until after it had happened. I'm not feeling much from it, but felt I needed to get this off my chest. It's still shocking, in a finely-tuned way.

I guess the point of my writing this is that it's important to pay attention and enjoy the life you're living to the best of your capacity, because 'suddenly' can happen too quickly and without warning.

Also, I love all you assholes (Girly-speak here) and just wanted to add that.

CTS

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
31-07-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: I need to get something off my chest
Do you feel better getting that off of you chest?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
31-07-2013, 05:43 PM
It is over as quick as it started *long distance hugs* Love you too lady!
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
31-07-2013, 05:44 PM
(31-07-2013 05:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Do you feel better getting that off of you chest?

Ask again later -Magic 8 Ball

Sort of fuzzy from the extremely small amount of vodka.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
31-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Hug

You made me cry. It's soo true. Every word.

I feel the same way about everyone here -- specially you Cheap!

Cyber group hug and shoulder bumps (for the non-huggers).

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-07-2013, 05:49 PM
(31-07-2013 05:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Ask again later -Magic 8 Ball

Sort of fuzzy from the extremely small amount of vodka.

Okay. Hug

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
31-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Here have five
Hug
Hug
Hug
Hug
Hug

It's scary and unfortunate, and traumatizing at times. But it's best to appreciate every moment of life like our last.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
31-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I think I know the feeling...

When I was training to be an EMT(not one any more, wackers be crazy) and we had do a stint in the ER and during my last hour they brought in a guy, maybe 35, a father with kids who had had a heart attack in his bed after work and once the doctor knew that they where not gonna get him back he asked us to come and do CPR on him (before pronouncing him). I didn't really feel sad since I didn't know him but I remember wanting to feel more (or feeling like I should have felt more) as one of the others was far more distraught about the whole affair. Seeing his family as we exited the room was a terrible feeling though, I just wanted to be a ghost and get away as soon as I could, I felt like I had no business being in there and I didn't want to face them both out of respect and fear.

Pumping on that guys cold chest definitely left an impression on me but in a strange detached kinda way.... life is real short and precious.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
31-07-2013, 06:02 PM
It can sometimes be scary - facing your own mortality.
Hope you're okay.

Short (true) story - I had to complete a First Aid training course (for work) and the instructor asked whether anyone had ever needed to use CPR or emergency first aid before. The lady next to me said she had. It was on a child who had nearly drowned and she said that although she had probably saved the child's life she was extremely ill for the next 48 hours. The instructor said that it was normal to react in that way and it was her body's way of coping with near tragedy.
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
31-07-2013, 06:02 PM
*Sagely nods knowing words would fail*
Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post