I need to get the fuck out of america!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2014, 01:16 AM
RE: I need to get the fuck out of america!
(30-04-2014 02:41 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(30-04-2014 02:29 PM)War Horse Wrote:  No matter how far you run, there you are.

Cant run away from yourself or how you handle people. Drinking Beverage

But I can run from america which is all I need to do.

[Image: i-m-leaving-now-o.gif]

[Image: 49252522.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
01-05-2014, 02:21 AM
A lot of people will tell you the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and that you can't run from yourself. And while that is often true, it shouldn't be used to not emigrate. If you have never moved to another country then it can only be a win for you. There are two outcomes.
  • You prefer where you have moved to
  • You don't like where you move to and start to appreciate where you came from
  • You get beheaded because you moved to Saudi Arabia for the money

Either way, you learn something about yourself and what it takes to make you happy and what you really don't like from the world. Every country is different and every country will have certain things that you appreciate and certain things that you don't. It's best to pick a country which has more good than bad.

Sometimes the country where you were born and raised just isn't the country where you can enjoy living. For me that was England. I was never happy in the 25 years I lived there. I moved to Scotland. I started to enjoy life and started to sort my life out. It had stuff there that I personally appreciated, like mountains and mental people. I assumed that beforehand I was just screwed up earlier in my life. I then moved back to England, the place immediately dragged me down and 3 years I managed to finally move back to Scotland and started to enjoy life again. Then I moved to Germany and realised that yes, Scotland is still nice, but Germany's better. But I can totally understand though why someone sick of its frustrating features would want to move back to England. My parents did in order to buy a house. The situation has completely reversed for me. I have no chance of owning a house in England.

Emigrating when you are younger is easier because you have fewer responsibilities and you have more time to master the language if you need to.

tl;dr Travel. Find the country good for you. Find what's important to you in order to be happy. Do it sooner rather than later.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
01-05-2014, 04:13 AM
(30-04-2014 09:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-04-2014 01:20 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I am not planing on taking a vacation but moving out. I was thinking either australia or japan.

Australia is full of racists, they'll think you're a boat person and deport you to the Philippines. Plus you have zero welfare rights unless you're a citizen. No unemployment, no nothing. So unless you have a stable job to go or enough money for several years while you get citizenship don't bother.

Japanese speak Japanese. Plus they have an aging population and an incredibly bad debt problem. Not to mention a stagnated economy. Japan will fall from grace sooner or later unless they pull a rabbit out their ass. All your taxes will be going to either paying off debt or paying for the old population. Not helped by their lack of population growth due to low birthrates and I assume low immigration.
At least when that old population die off house prices will come down due to lack of demand. Plus they're a bunch of racists, though you're not Asian so you might be alright.

I thought we already had this discussion?

http://listcrux.com/top-10-most-racist-c...the-world/

I see what you are talking about muffs but it says here america is even more racist. If you need a better source I will find one.

Also the last discussion was about america corruption wasn't it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-05-2014, 04:15 AM
(01-05-2014 01:16 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(30-04-2014 02:41 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  But I can run from america which is all I need to do.

[Image: i-m-leaving-now-o.gif]

[Image: 49252522.jpg]

I know that but I said none like america.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-05-2014, 11:12 AM
(01-05-2014 04:15 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 01:16 AM)Logisch Wrote:  [Image: 49252522.jpg]

I know that but I said none like america.

Yeah? Move to iran or pakistan and let us know how that goes.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
01-05-2014, 11:35 AM
I hear Somalia is nice this time of year..... Drinking Beverage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
01-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Dude. You should totally move to another country.

I have never regretted moving out of america. It was a refreshing eye opener to how different the world is. (And for the record, I only met one 70 year old crazy religious person the entire time I was in Australia...and I was married to someone whos father was a Sunni Muslim so that should tell ya something)

However. Nowhere you go is going to be perfect. Australia is behind in the racial area (they only allowed non-white immigration in the 70s for example) You'll still have to deal with things.

But just experiencing another culture is worth the move. Do it if its something you are truly passionate about doing.
01-05-2014, 11:43 AM
(01-05-2014 11:35 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I hear Somalia is nice this time of year..... Drinking Beverage

Yeah I hear africa is really nice too. Even though they tried to pass laws to put gays to death for committing homosexual acts in the 21st century via being motivated by the church. BUT HEY, the catholic church didn't mean it. It was just... misinterpreted. Wink right? right?

You know where else is really nice? India. I hear that they are super tolerant of people who are not the same nationality as them and that people of varying ideas and beliefs are suuuuuuuuuuuuper welcome if you try to move in next door. Easily accepted into society for sure.

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
01-05-2014, 11:45 AM
(01-05-2014 11:42 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  However. Nowhere you go is going to be perfect.

I think really that's what it comes down to. Realistically, who says you have to move out of the country to find that? I'm quite happy where I live. Do I come across religious tards now and then? Yep. But am I happy for the most part? Very much so.

That said, I don't think anyone is going to find a perfect place with zero issues and zero problems and a society of people who are 100% tolerant. Perhaps in 500 years from now or even 1000 years from now (if we haven't blown ourselves up or come across a self motivated extinction event) it will still be that way.

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
01-05-2014, 11:49 AM
(01-05-2014 11:45 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 11:42 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  However. Nowhere you go is going to be perfect.

I think really that's what it comes down to. Realistically, who says you have to move out of the country to find that? I'm quite happy where I live. Do I come across religious tards now and then? Yep. But am I happy for the most part? Very much so.

That said, I don't think anyone is going to find a perfect place with zero issues and zero problems and a society of people who are 100% tolerant. Perhaps in 500 years from now or even 1000 years from now (if we haven't blown ourselves up or come across a self motivated extinction event) it will still be that way.

I do agree with you that no where is perfect, as I said.

But seriously, its weird to go somewhere where -no one- appears remotely fundie. (least no one but 1 I met in 5 years) You dont see billboards everywhere for pro lifeer or "this is a christian nation, get out"

It really is different.

I was very uncomfortable when I first moved back. Its suffocating here in that regard.

Of course if you are happy where you live thats great! But America isnt really "the best place on earth" either. I hate that stereotype. But it took me completely leaving for me to really get that either.....if that makes sense.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post