I need to get the fuck out of america!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2014, 11:53 AM
RE: I need to get the fuck out of america!
(01-05-2014 11:49 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 11:45 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I think really that's what it comes down to. Realistically, who says you have to move out of the country to find that? I'm quite happy where I live. Do I come across religious tards now and then? Yep. But am I happy for the most part? Very much so.

That said, I don't think anyone is going to find a perfect place with zero issues and zero problems and a society of people who are 100% tolerant. Perhaps in 500 years from now or even 1000 years from now (if we haven't blown ourselves up or come across a self motivated extinction event) it will still be that way.

I do agree with you that no where is perfect, as I said.

But seriously, its weird to go somewhere where -no one- appears remotely fundie. (least no one but 1 I met in 5 years) You dont see billboards everywhere for pro lifeer or "this is a christian nation, get out"

It really is different.

I was very uncomfortable when I first moved back. Its suffocating here in that regard.

Of course if you are happy where you live thats great! But America isnt really "the best place on earth" either. I hate that stereotype. But it took me completely leaving for me to really get that either.....if that makes sense.

Agreed. I certainly don't feel this is "the greatest nation on earth" and I can think of a few places I might enjoy my stay, although I'd have to learn another language. But then I think of things like the downsides and alterations to my hobbies, the things I enjoy. With one sacrifice comes another, etc etc.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
01-05-2014, 12:00 PM
I totally understand that. If you're happy then there is no reason to go! But if he is really wanting something different, and there is nothing important to him he feels hes giving up....he should do it.

Near and I have discussed going to Australia or perhaps New Zealand. I personally would love to live in provincial france for a while. I'd have to seriously brush up on some french however.
07-05-2014, 05:36 AM
(30-04-2014 12:33 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  The creationist can have it I need to leave this place. I mean it is not the worst country the BS meter is astounding. I have to get away from the creationist and all other wack jobs. To be fair every country has whack jobs, but none like 'merica

Hey, here is something original. Come to Croatia for a few months. After that, you will be swimming back to your precious USA.

You see, we don't have Creationists, but the regular Croatian roman-Catholics are even worse. Let's just say that they are all holier that Jesus and know about Christianity more that the Pope. At least, that is what they think, until I start talking.

To know just how good it actually is in your country, you have to try something much, much worse. Oh, and we have a huge unemployment problem. So yeah, it would be great for you to come here a bit.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
07-05-2014, 12:21 PM
(07-05-2014 05:36 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(30-04-2014 12:33 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  The creationist can have it I need to leave this place. I mean it is not the worst country the BS meter is astounding. I have to get away from the creationist and all other wack jobs. To be fair every country has whack jobs, but none like 'merica

Hey, here is something original. Come to Croatia for a few months. After that, you will be swimming back to your precious USA.

You see, we don't have Creationists, but the regular Croatian roman-Catholics are even worse. Let's just say that they are all holier that Jesus and know about Christianity more that the Pope. At least, that is what they think, until I start talking.

To know just how good it actually is in your country, you have to try something much, much worse. Oh, and we have a huge unemployment problem. So yeah, it would be great for you to come here a bit.

Big Grin

It is a good thing I decided between either over japan or Australia.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Any country is far from perfect or ideal to any one person, unless you happen to be a dictator. If you find a country you'd prefer, go for it. For me, there are plenty of countries I'd like to live in for a few years, but I always imagine coming 'home' in the end. Granted, I've only been to a few countries, half of which are places to be avoided, so take that into account. I have spent considerable time with people from all over the world though, and most have seemed pleasant enough...and here is the offensive part Big Grin Except the Poles, who I didn't like one bit and practiced some rude and disgusting behavior, and the Romanians, who was constantly trying to convince me why their country needed to be visited. That's it. That's my advice. Avoid any country that starts with "The Islamic Republic of...." and Poland, and Romania...and Kuwait...fucking hot, that place is. And...anywhere whose economy is in the toilet. Good Luck!

08-05-2014, 10:05 AM
(08-05-2014 09:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Except the Poles, who I didn't like one bit and practiced some rude and disgusting behavior,

Could you explain further on this ? I'm kind of interested what you observed.

I'm not being funny or condescending, but I've never been to Poland and as a German raised person,have heard some nasty things about them in my childhood.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
08-05-2014, 10:23 AM
(08-05-2014 10:05 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 09:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Except the Poles, who I didn't like one bit and practiced some rude and disgusting behavior,

Could you explain further on this ? I'm kind of interested what you observed.

I'm not being funny or condescending, but I've never been to Poland and as a German raised person,have heard some nasty things about them in my childhood.

Of course I cannot and would not say that I am certain these qualities or 'traditions' are engrained in an entire culture, but based soley on my interaction with members of Polish Army....they were generally rude, caring not for niceties nor common courtesies, they acted as if 'you' were not there, and you were only an obstacle to whatever their personal need of the moment were. In the 'bathrooms' several of them routinely blew snot rockets and 'washed' their dirty underwear in the very sinks you were allotted for shaving and brushing your teeth in, despite having plenty of toilet paper and laundry facilities available.

Other than that I have known one Polish-American couple who were good-hearted and tried to be accomodating, but used quite blunt language. The male was a doctor and did not shy away from telling people (both patients and otherwise) things like "You're too fat.". Whether true or not, I would consider that rude.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
08-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Thanks DL, I was just curious.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.