I need to rant to other atheists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2014, 09:13 AM
I need to rant to other atheists.
Hello lovelies, haven't been on here in several months. I'm getting worse and worse at this whole social media thing. Just deleted my Facebook and everything...I was probably about to lose most of my FB friends anyway, because I've been "coming out" a lot more recently. I told someone on my public FB page that I'm a freethinker. Gasp! It was such a relief! I'm just beginning to care less and less about what people think. Frankly, I was starting to get mad that I'm expected to keep my opinions to myself just because people won't agree with me. While every other Christian on my FB gets to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat and turn up their noses to "sinners" and, thanks to "Gods Not Dead," atheists ALL THE TIME on FB.

Also, a day after my little confession, my dad told me to watch Questioning Darwin, which I'm sure you've all talked about already. OH MY FUCKING GOD. Hobo

And then I have every other Christian saying "Oh yeah, I hate religion too." Because, you know, Christianity is a relationship. I should tell them that I tried to get into a relationship with Jesus, but he never called back. I'm pretty sure he gave me the wrong number. Bastard. Oh well, there's plenty of gods in the sea.

I think the worst part is knowing that people close to me don't take me seriously because I'm not a Christian.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
09-06-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: I need to rant to other atheists.
I have nothing much to say other than... good for you! Thumbsup

The irony of your last line cracks me up. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
09-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Why do you care what morons think of you? They are morons. They never get it right because, morons.

Here are a few thoughts held sacred by morons.

Jesus died for me.

Because Jesus died for my sins, I can keep sinning!

I will live when I die.

So and so is an atheist??? EVIL!!!

My god is true. All others are false.

Facebook is awesome!

My wishes come true because, Jesus!

Morons.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-06-2014, 09:29 AM
(09-06-2014 09:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Why do you care what morons think of you? They are morons. They never get it right because, morons.

I know I shouldn't care, but I love those morons! Lol It could be worse! At least they aren't completely shunning me.

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
09-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Give them time. If they arent shunning you they will hopefully warm up to the idea at some point.

As for people that dont want to be your friend because you're an atheist? Fuck them. They arent real friends if thats enough to chase them off.
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
09-06-2014, 09:35 AM
That you love them is not the issue.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
09-06-2014, 09:44 AM
(09-06-2014 09:13 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  And then I have every other Christian saying "Oh yeah, I hate religion too." Because, you know, Christianity is a relationship. I should tell them that I tried to get into a relationship with Jesus, but he never called back. I'm pretty sure he gave me the wrong number. Bastard. Oh well, there's plenty of gods in the sea.

I'd hate to be in a relationship with Jesus.

You'd have to be super careful of what cloths you wear, and any you might buy him as a gift. You can't go out for seafood.You can't take him out on Sunday or he'll slaughter people, but you can't cook for him on Sunday cause then he'll kill you. And he'd probably destroy any movie theater you took him to for practicing witchcraft.

And if the constant donations churches need are any indication, he's flat broke, so don't expect any gifts or anything.

All your dates would consist of sitting in a public place kissing his ass.
[+] 7 users Like CleverUsername's post
09-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Kinky!

He wore sandals so would enjoy our current foot fetish thread!

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Yeah, also what if we were having a romantic night with red wine...how do I know it's not really his blood??

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
09-06-2014, 10:09 AM
JESUS Jesus! All I want is a god damn glass of red wine! Knock your crap off!"