I nominate GoodWithoutGod to be the first atheist Chaplain in US Military History

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2014, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2014 07:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
I nominate GoodWithoutGod to be the first atheist Chaplain in US Military History
He knows his religions and his atheism gives him the flexibility to impartially tailor his support and advice and counsel to whatever religion is needed at the time, they're all the same to him. Demonstrations available upon request.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-09-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: I nominate GoodWithoutGod to be the first Chaplain in US Military History
(16-09-2014 06:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He knows his religion and his atheism gives him the ability to impartially tailor his support and advice to whatever religion is needed at the time, they're all the same to him.

I would like to second this motion and ask for a general vote.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-09-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: I nominate GoodWithoutGod to be the first Chaplain in US Military History
(16-09-2014 06:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I would like to second this motion and ask for a general vote.

Shouldn't that be ... Admiral Vote?

Yes

16-09-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: I nominate GoodWithoutGod to be the first atheist Chaplain in US Military History
(16-09-2014 06:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-09-2014 06:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I would like to second this motion and ask for a general vote.

Shouldn't that be ... Admiral Vote?

Yes

Aye, aye!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-09-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: I nominate GoodWithoutGod to be the first atheist Chaplain in US Military History
Would he have to leave us? Sadcryface2

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
16-09-2014, 06:44 PM
(16-09-2014 06:35 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Would he have to leave us? Sadcryface2

Yes.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
16-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Unsure could this be the first thing we all agree on?? Laugh out load The perfect man for the job, I vote yes!!!! but don't make him leave us Sadcryface

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
16-09-2014, 07:00 PM
(16-09-2014 06:46 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Unsure could this be the first thing we all agree on?? Laugh out load The perfect man for the job, I vote yes!!!! but don't make him leave us Sadcryface

Posting here would qualify as an appearance of a conflict of interest, not fiduciary but metaphysically. It ain't gonna happen but he'd be one hell of a Chaplain. Thumbsup

16-09-2014, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2014 07:15 PM by pablo.)
Maybe he could post here using an alias. Tongue
16-09-2014, 08:01 PM
(16-09-2014 07:12 PM)pablo Wrote:  Maybe he could post here using an alias. Tongue

Nope. Bad idea. Drinking Beverage