I peeled my bananas this morning from the bottom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2015, 10:24 PM
RE: I peeled my bananas this morning from the bottom.
I just wanna know where it tells us what is the "top" of a banana, and what is the bottom. Like who decided that ? Huh

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-02-2015, 10:26 PM
I always wondered about people who call a bunch of bananas, a hand.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-02-2015, 04:29 AM
(23-02-2015 10:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I just wanna know where it tells us what is the "top" of a banana, and what is the bottom. Like who decided that ? Huh

That is my nightmare of this whole scenario.

I've figured this one out a few years ago, but I am still struggling with why I only crack eggs with the thin end sticking away from my hand.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-02-2015, 04:35 AM
(23-02-2015 11:40 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  hey wait a minute...I may not be the brightest individual...but is "peeling a banana" another euphemism for masturbation? Gasp

If so, I don't want to know how you prefer to "peel your banana". Angry

Big Grin

Laugh out load

I used my left hand last time. It was like someone else was peeling my banana.
[+] 1 user Likes H4ym4n's post
24-02-2015, 04:41 AM
(23-02-2015 07:48 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I keep hearing this stuff about peeling bananas from the bottom
Tried it for a week straight and found no advantage. I thought people were just mental, until I SAW some people peeling from the bottom, then I realized what was happening. It's not that it's some brilliant, easy way to do it... It's just that most people are terrible at peeling it the usual way. I also noticed that some remove the whole skin before eating... "Ew you're contaminating your food."

I eat an average of three bananas a day, and have never had an issue peeling them from the top. If anything, the skin acts as a barrier between germy hands and food. While peeling from the bottom is similarly simple, I found that the structural integrity of the peel is compromised, and becomes less useful as a germ barrier, since the banana is more likely to fall out when approaching the end.

I eat bananas when very brown. Hard to peel with the peel tab when very brown.
24-02-2015, 05:11 AM
(23-02-2015 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You peel your bananas?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-02-2015, 05:18 AM
You're all monsters.

Eating adorable little bananas... Sadcryface2

[Image: dcb32c13d177dbe7fd19ece89736b42dbf95b4a6.jpg]

[Image: 700a16a2ce86c3a5dfe04b26d7005f0985fcfc36.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
24-02-2015, 05:19 AM
(23-02-2015 10:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I always wondered about people who call a bunch of bananas, a hand.

Because 'hand' is correct. A bunch of bananas is:

[Image: Picture+046.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-02-2015, 06:13 AM
(24-02-2015 04:41 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 07:48 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I keep hearing this stuff about peeling bananas from the bottom
Tried it for a week straight and found no advantage. I thought people were just mental, until I SAW some people peeling from the bottom, then I realized what was happening. It's not that it's some brilliant, easy way to do it... It's just that most people are terrible at peeling it the usual way. I also noticed that some remove the whole skin before eating... "Ew you're contaminating your food."

I eat an average of three bananas a day, and have never had an issue peeling them from the top. If anything, the skin acts as a barrier between germy hands and food. While peeling from the bottom is similarly simple, I found that the structural integrity of the peel is compromised, and becomes less useful as a germ barrier, since the banana is more likely to fall out when approaching the end.

I eat bananas when very brown. Hard to peel with the peel tab when very brown.

No?... That is like the opposite of what I've found. I feel like everyone is taking crazy pills. Don't you press the tip of your thumb into that concave section where the banana meets the stem? I must have eaten thousands of bananas, and I don't understand how anyone struggles with this. You don't just pull the stem, that's mental... Like pulling on opposite ends of paper to rip it in half instead of starting the tear or fold first.
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
24-02-2015, 06:51 AM
[Image: 220px-Ray_Comfort.JPG]

Did somebody say bananas?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post