I peeled my bananas this morning from the bottom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2015, 07:49 AM
RE: I peeled my bananas this morning from the bottom.
(24-02-2015 06:13 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 04:41 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  I eat bananas when very brown. Hard to peel with the peel tab when very brown.

No?... That is like the opposite of what I've found. I feel like everyone is taking crazy pills. Don't you press the tip of your thumb into that concave section where the banana meets the stem? I must have eaten thousands of bananas, and I don't understand how anyone struggles with this. You don't just pull the stem, that's mental... Like pulling on opposite ends of paper to rip it in half instead of starting the tear or fold first.

I'm talking brown brown. Moisture level very low in the peel.

Probably doesn't help that I keep them in the frig to keep them from going mush.

I have no problems with the pull tab when they're yellow or yellow/green.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2015, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 08:27 AM by Hafnof.)
The fridge will cause them to brown quickly, and the gasses released as they ripen are said to cause other fruit to rot faster. I keep other fruits in the fridge, but bananas out. Trust me, I'm a Queenslander[1].

As for consumption, I am the United Nations: I peel from the end connected to the hand down one side, then strip the other sides from the other end. I feel this balances convenience and de-stringifying nicely. Also, if you push the banana just right you can get it to split into three smaller segments which you can then break up by hand as an alternative to slicing if you are combining your banana with other treats such as ice cream or strawberry.

[1] http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...ana+bender

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
24-02-2015, 08:29 AM
I heard if you place an apple in a bag of green bananas, they will yellow in a day. This true?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-02-2015, 08:30 AM
(24-02-2015 08:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  The fridge will cause them to brown quickly, and the gasses released as they ripen are said to cause other fruit to rot faster. I keep other fruits in the fridge, but bananas out. Trust me, I'm a Queenslander[1].

[1] http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...ana+bender

I purchase green bananas on a Sunday since that's how they are sold in my location. I let them sit in a banana bowl on the kitchen table until the following Sunday when they are just starting to brown. I then take them to work and stick them in the frig and eat one banana a day.

By Friday the last banana is perfect.

Repeat next week
24-02-2015, 10:00 AM
(24-02-2015 07:49 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 06:13 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  No?... That is like the opposite of what I've found. I feel like everyone is taking crazy pills. Don't you press the tip of your thumb into that concave section where the banana meets the stem? I must have eaten thousands of bananas, and I don't understand how anyone struggles with this. You don't just pull the stem, that's mental... Like pulling on opposite ends of paper to rip it in half instead of starting the tear or fold first.

I'm talking brown brown. Moisture level very low in the peel.

Probably doesn't help that I keep them in the frig to keep them from going mush.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I can imagine the skin is starting to become hard at that point. I don't eat em if they've more than a few spots as they make me cough. (Gases or some sugar alcohol maybe?)
24-02-2015, 10:35 AM
(24-02-2015 10:00 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 07:49 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  I'm talking brown brown. Moisture level very low in the peel.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I can imagine the skin is starting to become hard at that point. I don't eat em if they've more than a few spots as they make me cough. (Gases or some sugar alcohol maybe?)

Tuesdays banana. Successfully opened with pull tab.

[Image: image_zps989ed0cf.jpg]

Friday's will be a little browner and most likely not able to open with tab.
24-02-2015, 11:09 AM
(23-02-2015 10:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I always wondered about people who call a bunch of bananas, a hand.

Shouldn't it be called a cluster? Like a cluster of grapes.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
24-02-2015, 11:12 AM
(24-02-2015 10:35 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 10:00 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I can imagine the skin is starting to become hard at that point. I don't eat em if they've more than a few spots as they make me cough. (Gases or some sugar alcohol maybe?)

Tuesdays banana. Successfully opened with pull tab.

[Image: image_zps989ed0cf.jpg]

Friday's will be a little browner and most likely not able to open with tab.

Those are banana bread bananas. When they get that ripe I make banana bread out of them, with nuts and some flour, eggs, butter, brown sugar, nutmeg. Yum. Drooling

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-02-2015, 11:44 AM
I like organic fairtrade bannanas over the slightly greenish ones - riper and tasty Sleepy
24-02-2015, 02:11 PM
There's that word again....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.