I pose a challenge to you

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
03-02-2011, 11:18 AM
I pose a challenge to you
Some of you may have seen these clips before but:

1. Watch Richard Dawkins discussing religion with Wendy Wright.

2. Make it through all 7 parts without showing any emotion.

3. The end

I was slamming my head on my desk and yelling at my screen by the middle of part 2. Dawkins is a robot, showing more restraint than I ever could talking into the face of that blank stared, fake smiling waste of life.

That's all. If you can stand the barrage of absolute ignorance without getting pissed, you win.

Begin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjoEgYOgRo

[Image: grrr.gif]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 11:19 AM
RE: I pose a challenge to you
I couldn't do it....
03-02-2011, 11:23 AM
To all failed combatants, list how long you lasted.

I made it 17 seconds in when I just now tried again. Just seeing her ignited a hatred so intense, my pants burst into flame.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
03-02-2011, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011 11:44 AM by gamutman.)
Maybe I'm just jilted. I'm in the middle of part two, and I'm not angry yet. If anything I feel only pity for her.
OK, I just got pissed off. Not by her. By Dawkins who let her get away with claiming that support for euthanasia is based on evolutionary science (?) Euthanasia is rooted in philosophy, not science.
03-02-2011, 11:56 AM

I think I'm a masochist as I tortured myselft to watched all of it. I really hoped that Dawkins would have back slapped the smirk on her face but I guess it was wishful thinking.
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Ok, in part 4 she uses the example of a little crippled girl as evidence that evolution is false because she has a spirit even though she can't care for herself. I'm out.
03-02-2011, 02:28 PM

Hmm. I didn't take it personally. I did, however, find Ms. Wendy quite ignorant and proud of it. I commend Dawkins on his unfailing patience. I suppose that an Oxonian professor would develop high levels of patience over the years having to put up with so many students with so many different philosophical, personal, and religious differences.
03-02-2011, 02:58 PM
I did it months ago. She's the most annoying woman ever!
I don't wanna talk about it more, it was traumatic... Her face was so.... Confused

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
03-02-2011, 04:17 PM

i first watched it with a commentary so it helped me getting through it to see someone else raging harder than i was the whole way.
03-02-2011, 04:55 PM
[Image: Challenge-accepted.jpg?imageSize=Medium&...epted-HD-1]

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user