I pose a challenge to you

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
03-02-2011, 06:15 PM

RE: I pose a challenge to you
my head hurts from all of the facepalms.

I love her comments about not agreeing that only scientists get to comment on science. Apparently anything someone makes up in their heads needs to be considered a possibility.
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I watched this a while back, too... This has been the only thing I've watched (so far) that has literally made my physically facepalm. It did so more than once. Challenge failed on the first video if I recall. I remember actually having to pause and get out of my chair and pace for a while sometime after the first couple videos in shock and awe about the slithering nature of Miss Wendy. That faaaaaaaake smile most of all. x_x

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011 11:03 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
Ok I finished watching all the 7 parts.

First I was like
[Image: Poker_Face.png?1289530337]
Then I was like
[Image: lol_face_Your_MumMom_Jokes-s274x280-119842-535.jpg]
And finally was like
[Image: fffuuu.jpg]
I was hoping to see Richard Dawkins saying; "Ok then b**ch lets go to the freaking museum.." seriously. Peace

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2011, 11:07 PM
I got as far as her saying "philosophies built on evolution often lead to horrific abuses against human beings" and then my head hit the desk with a mighty "thud". I'd like her to name one example of this. And, if she can, I promise for every 1 example she can come up with, I can name 10 examples of philosophies built on belief in god having at least an equally horrific outcome. And, if she can't come up with 1 example, I'm still happy to name 10 for her.

Anyway, only watched the first video (need to get some sleep) but there is an embarrassing amount of transitional fossils that show species evolving into new species. I suppose you can deny that if you really want to but that doesn't make it reasonable, or rational.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
03-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Finding a transitional fossil just makes TWO gaps in the fossil record. That's twice the proof that god exists! Geeeez!!! Don't you know anything??

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-02-2011, 12:10 AM
I almost made it to the end of the first video. That bitch is lucky she is not married to me. I wouldn't hurt a fly, but I want to beat the shit out of her.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
04-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Damn. 5:43 in the first video. The condescending laugh was so bad I had to turn it off it made me so angry. I'm actually kind of embarassed at how frustrated I feel right now! lol

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-02-2011, 06:02 AM
Hey guys... I stopped watching such videos. They only frustrate me. I've got enough in my life to be frustrated about without searching for it in such videos.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
04-02-2011, 07:10 AM
We need to get back to the museum and nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
04-02-2011, 10:21 AM
The way that she speaks and the expressions on her face remind me of several religious people that I have known in my life. I don't know if she always talks that way, but here it seems as if she's attempting to get across to a young child, very condescending. Also, sometimes she says creatORE, and sometimes she says creator. Which is it lady?! I know that's kind of knit-picky of me to point out, but it honestly bugged me.
It's amazing how she is practically BEGGING for the evidence from him, yet she obviously never did that with her own religion, or else she would be an atheist right now.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. – Susan B. Anthony