I preached my final sermon today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2011, 09:30 AM
RE: I preached my final sermon today!
(25-07-2011 06:44 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  
(25-07-2011 04:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I agree with that but religion is the problem because we have made it the problem. I totally agree that it is us as well but one loony-toon standing alone without any labels is just regarded as an idiot...
But that's exactly what the first christian was! The authorities in charge of the previous thing got him. The mob cheered. They got the next hundred or so. After that, the mob thinned out some, and the new damn thing became vaguely okay, then respectable, then mainstream, then dominant, then authoritarian, then Torquemada.

Christianity is no different from any other craze that gives us an excuse to kill, rape and pillage.
Marx was one loony-toon standing alone, and then.... etc. etc..... Stalin.
I will agree with that as well but there is one thing that Marx, Hitler and Christianity all do/did. They keep their followers in the dark because they can. Society may have let them get power but as more powerful institutions they are the problem. Society does not always see the evil in small things until they balloon to holocaust sized proportions...and then there are those that see those as good things (ex. Neo-Nazi scum).

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2011, 11:46 AM
(26-07-2011 09:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I will agree with that as well but there is one thing that Marx, Hitler and Christianity all do/did. They keep their followers in the dark because they can. Society may have let them get power but as more powerful institutions they are the problem. Society does not always see the evil in small things until they balloon to holocaust sized proportions...and then there are those that see those as good things (ex. Neo-Nazi scum).

Well, yes. At every step, there were smart, thoughtful people saying, this is a bad idea, and they were dismissed, until the bad idea grew too powerful to fight. And it becomes powerful, because enough people support it for their own reasons - not all of them faith-based.
Look around. We have some very bad ideas - besides fundamentalism - growing in our own societies; we have smart people warning us about the probable outcome... and mobs cheering.
Hooomons!

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
26-07-2011, 11:57 AM
(25-07-2011 11:11 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Just wondering if there was any fallout for you after leaving?

no fallout. I was basically just helping on as need, but was doin it for the last 4 years.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”