I really hate the holidays.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I really hate the holidays.
I really don't enjoy the holiday season. Every year it's the same old thing.

People calling and saying that they "know I don't really not believe in god" and all the other usual fanfare.

I hate fighting with Christians about pointless stuff that will never get anywhere or lead to anything of value.

I just want to live my life in peace.

I just wanted to rant briefly and get that off my chest. Whew. All better now.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: I really hate the holidays.
(21-11-2012 05:31 PM)Heretikus Wrote:  I really don't enjoy the holiday season. Every year it's the same old thing.

People calling and saying that they "know I don't really not believe in god" and all the other usual fanfare.

I hate fighting with Christians about pointless stuff that will never get anywhere or lead to anything of value.

Love the avatar! The Stig Rules. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
21-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Just saying, I read it. Keep ranting if you need to vent, we are with you here.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
21-11-2012, 06:37 PM
(21-11-2012 05:31 PM)Heretikus Wrote:  I really don't enjoy the holiday season. Every year it's the same old thing.

I'm with you too, this year. My husband died last xmas morning, and I expect all kinds of calls I don't want to deal with.

I think I am going to tell everyone I am going on a trip and won't be here. That should do it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
21-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Sorry Dom...the first year and all the holidays and anniversaries and such is so damn hard after you lose someone.

Take care of yourself...love your idea of tomorrow being all about you.

Why not really take a trip over Christmas? Treat yourself to a night or two in a nice hotel or B&B. Take a good book and relax in a change of scenery.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
21-11-2012, 08:17 PM
I fuckin dig the holidays man.

Sure I dislike canoodling with all the family and the prayer bullshit and the shopping..., But I... love... the... holidays?

I do, I really do. I get in a better mood then my usually disagreeable self. The only unavoidable part was the shopping, and while I still have to partake me and the wife have decided to go cheap with each other thus reducing the amount of shopping/stress. The only person we go nuts for is our kid, and it's easier since we can go out together.

Family events are still a pain, but I am willing to make concessions for my wife. I prefer Halloween but Presentree is right up there.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
22-11-2012, 05:29 PM
(21-11-2012 08:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sorry Dom...the first year and all the holidays and anniversaries and such is so damn hard after you lose someone.

Take care of yourself...love your idea of tomorrow being all about you.

Why not really take a trip over Christmas? Treat yourself to a night or two in a nice hotel or B&B. Take a good book and relax in a change of scenery.

I thought about it, but I'd rather be home with my dogs. Plus it would be hard to get someone to care for them at that time.

I really enjoy my place though, and it has everything I want. I had my fill of hotel rooms, I have travelled a lot. After a while hotel rooms get really old.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-11-2012, 06:54 PM
I get that, I would rather be with my dogs too.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-11-2012, 07:38 PM
the holidays here are some of the most pleasant times of the year. It's one of the only times I can fell truly at peace. Nobody really cares about much, nobody pester me with trivial things, nobody is causing drama or fights that I have to resolve. The atmosphere is nice as is the music and company.

It's the one time of year where the only beverage I consume is rum and eggnog. I also like the tree. So full of light a colour. Oh and the weather is nice. Blowing snowstorms make everyone bunker in for awhile and provide ideal sleeping conditions.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
22-11-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm weird with the holidays. There are brief moments when I look around; I see the lights and hear the jingles and feel the cold, and the cinematic part of my brain is engorged and I take it all in as thought it were a movie of some sort.

Then I snap back to reality, realize it's the holidays, and just wanna shoot myself in the face.

The season's drinking is well underway here at Mordhaus.

(That's what I call my house)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post