I really miss my dog

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: I really miss my dog
BnW...I think you are right when you say dog people get this. It's nice that we have a group of us here that 'get' it.

After I got Chopper I did a lot of reading on the KC Spaniel breed...yeah, I know I should have done it before but that's not how things played out. I read something that talked about how loyal they are and something to the effect of - while the females of the breed will love you, the males are in love with you -

Chop will sometimes gaze into my eyes in a way that just captures and melts my heart. I had the world's best Golden Retriever when I was in my late teens and early twenties (I may be biased) and I loved that dog like crazy but there is just something so ultra-special about the bond between Chop and I. Only another person who has had the honor of sharing a bond like that can understand.

I love that there is such a group of animal people here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
14-07-2014, 09:10 PM
I bred Lefty 34 years ago. I was there when he was born, and I was there when he passed. It's been 20 years and I'm still blubbering like a baby.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
15-07-2014, 01:33 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

I had a wonderful cat for 18 years. She was always a joy and lived her cat life to the fullest. I felt so privileged to be there when she died.

She came to me one night, jumped up in my lap and began to purr. I just knew, right then, she was saying good by to me; although, she had not been ill. She jumped off my lap and lay down on the floor. I sat with her, stroked her gently and softly let her know I was there. She died after about 15 min. I cannot express how important it was to me that she invited me to share in her final moments.

Although she has been gone more that 20 years, I too still see her, occasionally, coming around the corner. That's how it is when you have lived so ling with a companion. I cherish her life, her death, and my memories of her.

A tribute to our furry companions Bowing. They give so much.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
15-07-2014, 08:25 AM
This threadSadcryface
My childhood dog is getting to that age... And I'm al l the way on the other side of the world and my puppy is with my dad where he's forced to be an outside dog... He was never an outside dog Sadcryface2 I get weepy thinking about how lonely he must be. Yep, there they are. Tears tears tears.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
15-07-2014, 12:49 PM
(14-07-2014 12:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  This thread is really hitting home with me - I have to take my husband's dog down to be put to sleep tomorrow. It's additionally upsetting because he was kind of a part of my husband in my eyes, and now that will be gone too.

Hank (the dog) was a rescue when he was already 10 years old - he was on death row. Never in a million years did I think he would outlive my husband. This one is going to be very hard to let go. I especially dread the drive home from the vet's... I tend to hold up quite well while there is pressure but flop afterwards. I will be holding Hank while he passes...

I'm so sorry.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-07-2014, 01:04 PM
(15-07-2014 01:33 AM)Dee Wrote:  I am so sorry for your loss.

I had a wonderful cat for 18 years. She was always a joy and lived her cat life to the fullest. I felt so privileged to be there when she died.

She came to me one night, jumped up in my lap and began to purr. I just knew, right then, she was saying good by to me; although, she had not been ill. She jumped off my lap and lay down on the floor. I sat with her, stroked her gently and softly let her know I was there. She died after about 15 min. I cannot express how important it was to me that she invited me to share in her final moments.

Although she has been gone more that 20 years, I too still see her, occasionally, coming around the corner. That's how it is when you have lived so ling with a companion. I cherish her life, her death, and my memories of her.

A tribute to our furry companions Bowing. They give so much.

How sad and wonderful all at the same time. I still think about my childhood dog. He was with me all the time. I got him when I was 9 or 10 but when I went off to college it broke my heart..... and his too. I would come home from college just to see my doggie, Domino. Forget my parents, I missed my dog. He would jump and run around in circles when he saw me. My mom told me he would sit by my bed and look around the house for me after I went away. Oh, the guilt, the guilt!

There's this wonderful, sappy movie called My Dog Skip and the little boy grows up with a Jack Russell Terrier and finally goes off to college. When I watched that movie I was completely sobbing by the end. I rented the video once but couldn't watch it. It's just too much for me.

If you are a very strong person you might be able to take the last scene of the movie. I simply can't.

15-07-2014, 01:12 PM
I have a rule for books and movies; I will not read or watch anything if it focuses on a dog and the dog dies. I developed that rule after reading Marley & Me.

Since then, I refuse to read any book with a dog. I avoid movies with them too. I can't take it. You can kill off dozens of people in a book or movie and I won't bat an eye. Hurt a dog, I'm a total basket case.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
15-07-2014, 02:30 PM
(15-07-2014 01:12 PM)BnW Wrote:  I have a rule for books and movies; I will not read or watch anything if it focuses on a dog and the dog dies. I developed that rule after reading Marley & Me.

Since then, I refuse to read any book with a dog. I avoid movies with them too. I can't take it. You can kill off dozens of people in a book or movie and I won't bat an eye. Hurt a dog, I'm a total basket case.

Don't even get near My Dog Skip then! You will never recover. When I saw that movie I was with my kids who were about 8 and 10 years old at the time and my husband sat next to me. When the movie was over everyone stood up dry eyed while I sat in the chair with my face in my hands.

Yes, I love dogs and cats. It's true love.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-07-2014, 06:06 PM
(15-07-2014 01:12 PM)BnW Wrote:  I have a rule for books and movies; I will not read or watch anything if it focuses on a dog and the dog dies. I developed that rule after reading Marley & Me.

Soulmate!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
16-07-2014, 06:42 AM
(15-07-2014 06:06 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  

Soulmate!

Yeah, me too.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man