I really need some help with this.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2013, 07:45 AM
As others have said, I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. It is most likely that your mobile home was parked on top of an old Native American Pet Burial Ground.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
26-07-2013, 07:48 AM
(26-07-2013 07:32 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I have a goatee that I have sported continuously for the past 28 yrs .
About this length, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer.
[Image: 620_16_o.jpg]

Your Jedi mind tricks will not work on me. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-07-2013, 08:55 AM
RE: I really need some help with this.....
There is always a rational explanation...

Just last month I was fossil hunting on a trail in the woods and I kept feeling this strange pressure, and my hair was being messed with...and then I look around and there where leaves being depressed into the ground like something invisible was walking around me...Then my fiancee started to notice and she just totally panicked and flipped shit and was "like lets go! lets go!" So we get back on the ATV and the phenomena seems to stop... I get off again a few hundred yards up the trail and the same thing starts happening, she is yelling "It's a poltergeist! We need to go back now!" and I'm struggling to come up with a logical explanation, I'm looking for moths or little newts, or frogs...anything to explain WTF is going on....

Then it hit me that even from 30+ feet away the exhaust of the running ATV (I usually turn it off but the battery had just been drained so I needed to keep it running) was putting out very dense puffs of air as it idled which where disturbing leaves and rustling our hair and clothing.

...It was scary as hell for about 5 minutes but there was a logical explanation.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
26-07-2013, 09:08 AM
(26-07-2013 06:37 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Here's my take on this Fish....I don't think that the most plausible explanation is crazy. I think you just havent figured out the most plausabe explanation yet.

That being said, atheism is a lack of belief in god. Nothing says you can't believe in ghosts! Wink

SR, right on Smile I hear you, but it would be easier for me to believe it was something "scientifically explainable" than to believe it was a ghost, but that their was no such thing as God. Just saying.

Peace,
Fish
26-07-2013, 09:10 AM
(26-07-2013 06:51 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Physics, man, physics. It dispelled all fears about ghosts for me. I'm on my mobile but I'll add a link or two later.

Right on. Anxious for that. Like I say, I'll consider anything.

Peace,
Fish
26-07-2013, 09:21 AM
(26-07-2013 07:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... You *sure* you can't rule out someone dicking with you ? Even someone you wouldn't suspect of doing so is probably a better bet than hypothetical invisible beings.

The open drawers thing... you say it's a trailer ? Couldn't you have just parked it on a slope ? And old electronics can go wonky for any number of reasons.

I mean... come on Wink This ghostly stuff is pretty interesting but if I was a ghost I highly doubt that my number one mission in life would be to open drawers and turn up the volume on the radio/tv when nobody was watching.

Rahn, and Mor, yes. I am as absolutely sure that the stuff that I, and both of my ex's witnessed were "not" somebody just messing with us....
Our trailer was parked on flat pavement, and the drawers didn't even open up easily, even when you wanted to open them.
Besides all of this, why would these drawers only open themselves when we were not watching ? If it were some natural occurrence, that caused this to happen several hundred X's, wouldn't we have seen this happen, at least a few X's ?

Oh Mor, about that TV... yea, that'as what I'd have thought, and today, with everything digital, sure, absolutely a digital glitch. My electronics guru friend said about that old TV though, not the case. I dunno. That probably only happened 20 or 40 X's in a several year period anyway.

Peace,
Fish
26-07-2013, 09:27 AM
(26-07-2013 07:45 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  As others have said, I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. It is most likely that your mobile home was parked on top of an old Native American Pet Burial Ground.

Erx, if your serious, the "old Indian burial ground" and "spirits" and such, seem just as implausible as God, in the first place.

Please keep in mind that in my very first post, I mentioned that I am "really" starting to feel like an atheist.... or should I say, dropping any last faith I had held onto about this mythical all powerful being. It would just be very hard for me to "believe in one spirit, or unseen power" and "not believe in the next".

Peace,
Fish
26-07-2013, 09:31 AM
(26-07-2013 08:55 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  There is always a rational explanation...

Just last month I was fossil hunting on a trail in the woods and I kept feeling this strange pressure, and my hair was being messed with...and then I look around and there where leaves being depressed into the ground like something invisible was walking around me...Then my fiancee started to notice and she just totally panicked and flipped shit and was "like lets go! lets go!" So we get back on the ATV and the phenomena seems to stop... I get off again a few hundred yards up the trail and the same thing starts happening, she is yelling "It's a poltergeist! We need to go back now!" and I'm struggling to come up with a logical explanation, I'm looking for moths or little newts, or frogs...anything to explain WTF is going on....

Then it hit me that even from 30+ feet away the exhaust of the running ATV (I usually turn it off but the battery had just been drained so I needed to keep it running) was putting out very dense puffs of air as it idled which where disturbing leaves and rustling our hair and clothing.

...It was scary as hell for about 5 minutes but there was a logical explanation.

Ride, I hear you. And I'm certainly "trying to believe" that their was a logical "physical" explanation for what we experienced for all of those 8 years. Just never have found one that seems to fit, so it kind of just leaves me hanging....

Peace,
Fish
26-07-2013, 09:34 AM
(26-07-2013 09:27 AM)fish chris Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 07:45 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  As others have said, I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. It is most likely that your mobile home was parked on top of an old Native American Pet Burial Ground.

Erx, if your serious, the "old Indian burial ground" and "spirits" and such, seem just as implausible as God, in the first place.

Please keep in mind that in my very first post, I mentioned that I am "really" starting to feel like an atheist.... or should I say, dropping any last faith I had held onto about this mythical all powerful being. It would just be very hard for me to "believe in one spirit, or unseen power" and "not believe in the next".

Peace,
Fish

Erxy's dickin' with ya. He's like that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Hey, once again, I must say, I really appreciate that nobody has bashed the heck out of me, or called me a freaking whacko Smile

And because of all this, when I get home from work this evening, I will go on and post about that one really big, crazy event, that happened on the actual day we were moving out. 22 years later, it still makes my skin tingle to talk about it.

.....and then I'm sure I will come up with other non-ghost related stuff to talk about, concerning atheism, in the coming days Smile

Peace,
Fish
[+] 1 user Likes fish chris's post