I really need some help with this.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2013, 09:43 AM
RE: I really need some help with this.....
(26-07-2013 09:27 AM)fish chris Wrote:  Erx, if your serious,

Welcome to the forum FC.

Brother Erx's amount of seriouness is directly proportional to the amount of haunting going on in your trailer.

I'm with morondog, park on the flat, get a t.v without knobs and tighten the screws on your drawers. Pretty sure that'll sort it, or at least eliminate the most obvious potential candidates for the activity.

If you have these kinds of unexplained phenomina going on in your trailer, you could totally video it...become a You Tube sensation Smile

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shannow's post
26-07-2013, 09:44 AM
The drawer thing happened to me too. Although it was only one of the drawers. I'd go to the kitchen and find it open, close it, go out, go back to the kitchen, it was open again. This would happen all the time (and no, my drawers were not easy to open either), until one day, I was in a hurry, cooking, and as I slammed another drawer close to it, the "haunted" drawer opened in front of my eyes. I closed it again and tried the same thing, without slamming it though, just closing it. It opened again. I then realized it was some kind of current that made it open and I guess it opened every time I walked out the door, maybe because I was creating a current as I was moving? Anyway, I never suspected anything supernatural but it did seem weird to me.

As for anything else that "moves". Set up a camera and record everything. You will either see something that explains it, or you will have proof of something supernatural and you will be rich. How about that?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
26-07-2013, 10:04 AM
(26-07-2013 09:21 AM)fish chris Wrote:  Rahn, and Mor, yes. I am as absolutely sure that the stuff that I, and both of my ex's witnessed were "not" somebody just messing with us....
It couldn't, absolutely couldn't have possibly been your ex ?

Quote:Our trailer was parked on flat pavement, and the drawers didn't even open up easily, even when you wanted to open them.
Besides all of this, why would these drawers only open themselves when we were not watching ? If it were some natural occurrence, that caused this to happen several hundred X's, wouldn't we have seen this happen, at least a few X's ?
Therefore ghosts ? *Just 'cos you can't explain it doesn't imply any kind of supernatural intelligence doing it*. What if, for example, the trailer jiggles a bit when you move around, so for example when you go wander off somewhere else... jiggle jiggle jiggle... come back, "Holy SHIT!". What if it's Bigfoot ? What if it's GOD ? What if it's birds that quickly fly in when your back is turned ? These are all explanations which are at *least* as reasonable as ghosts.

What if you were to lock the drawers ? Being a ghost able to open drawers, a key + lock combo should pose no difficulty to the ghost. But if it still continued opening the drawers then my money is definitely on a person dicking with you.

Quote:Oh Mor, about that TV... yea, that'as what I'd have thought, and today, with everything digital, sure, absolutely a digital glitch. My electronics guru friend said about that old TV though, not the case. I dunno. That probably only happened 20 or 40 X's in a several year period anyway.
I've actually done a bit of circuitry in my time Wink Your electronics guru friend's word that an ancient TV isn't likely to go bust that way is not sufficient evidence that your TV is not wonky. Electronics from years ago does not in general function better than modern stuff, or we'd never have switched. If for example you replaced the TV or had it checked out/repaired (NOT by someone involved with the experiment like your guru friend, preferably by an independent third party who doesn't know a damn thing about the test), your ghost should still be able to adjust the volume yes ?

And again... ghosts are always so damn boring. Haunting places... banging stuff when no one's looking... if I was a ghost I really hope I would be more creative. At least have creepy sex with people or something. This to me is always the dead giveaway that it's not something supernatural but rather human pattern recognition pulling out a false positive...

PS You might be feeling attacked... don't be. I'm just shredding your ideas Tongue It's how you know that an idea is good or not - if it survives shredding. I actually wanna shred some more but it's getting too long so I'll leave it at that...

Hahaha... not all of us are assholes Evil_monster
26-07-2013, 10:15 AM
(26-07-2013 09:37 AM)fish chris Wrote:  Hey, once again, I must say, I really appreciate that nobody has bashed the heck out of me, or called me a freaking whacko Smile

And because of all this, when I get home from work this evening, I will go on and post about that one really big, crazy event, that happened on the actual day we were moving out. 22 years later, it still makes my skin tingle to talk about it.

.....and then I'm sure I will come up with other non-ghost related stuff to talk about, concerning atheism, in the coming days Smile

Peace,
Fish

What's with this freaking wacko and why has he not been properly bashed? Laughat

Seriously though it was probably mice or something with the drawers. As to the rest maybe you were living near a quantum vortex or something and your photons were getting screwed around with, who knows?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Freaking whackadoo. Big Grin

Now that we got that outta the way... it's not a poltergeist. It's telekinesis. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Do you have large magnets in your pockets or are you just happy to see me ?

I suspect you were traversing nearly identical parallel universes without realizing it.
One in which the drawers are always closed and the other where they are always open.
See....simple explanation

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
26-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Alright now, see you guys ? Now you are not even going to get to hear the really crazy grand finally... I mean, if you already think I'm crazy, what would be the point of me telling you about it ?

In any case, I never really "asked anyone to believe any of this". I had said that if you have not ever had anything of this nature occur in your lifetime, then it was purely hypothetical > What would you do / think, if you did ?

And BTW, "before" my experience, I would probably have not believed anything I'm telling you guys either.... Even "after" the fact, I would still tend to be pretty skeptical if it was coming from a complete stranger.

So its all good.
Carry on.

Fish
26-07-2013, 05:50 PM
(26-07-2013 05:30 PM)fish chris Wrote:  Alright now, see you guys ? Now you are not even going to get to hear the really crazy grand finally... I mean, if you already think I'm crazy, what would be the point of me telling you about it ?

In any case, I never really "asked anyone to believe any of this". I had said that if you have not ever had anything of this nature occur in your lifetime, then it was purely hypothetical > What would you do / think, if you did ?

And BTW, "before" my experience, I would probably have not believed anything I'm telling you guys either.... Even "after" the fact, I would still tend to be pretty skeptical if it was coming from a complete stranger.

So its all good.
Carry on.

Fish

When I was a kid, back in the stone age, we had an old black and white tv. The kind with tubes inside...anywho...the volume would often go up very randomly....ya it had a dial that you had to turn. it was also how you turned it on and off.

Dunno why it happened but it would. Often. Eventually my grandpa fixed it...he removed the knob. Guess it was weighted on one side, gravity would slowly pull it down.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

26-07-2013, 05:56 PM
(26-07-2013 05:30 PM)fish chris Wrote:  Alright now, see you guys ? Now you are not even going to get to hear the really crazy grand finally... I mean, if you already think I'm crazy, what would be the point of me telling you about it ?

So its all good.
Carry on.

Fish

Whatever. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 06:04 PM
(26-07-2013 10:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 09:21 AM)fish chris Wrote:  If it were some natural occurrence, that caused this to happen several hundred X's, wouldn't we have seen this happen, at least a few X's ?
Therefore ghosts ? *Just 'cos you can't explain it doesn't imply any kind of supernatural intelligence doing it*. What if, for example, the trailer jiggles a bit when you move around, so for example when you go wander off somewhere else... jiggle jiggle jiggle... come back, "Holy SHIT!". What if it's Bigfoot ? What if it's GOD ? What if it's birds that quickly fly in when your back is turned ? These are all explanations which are at *least* as reasonable as ghosts....

Hahaha... not all of us are assholes Evil_monster

Morondog is right here, fishy. Don't play the ghost-of-the-gaps card in a room full of critical thinkers. Big Grin
In my house sitting on a concrete foundation, one can still cause jiggling from simply walking through a room. Especially in a trailer with no foundation, any number of easily ignorable phenomena could cause simple vibrations, and thus, movement. It could have been a furnace blower turning on, an A/C unit, refrigerator, truck driving by, or the chupacabra living under the floor. See. These are all explanations that exist in the natural world.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post