I really need some help with this.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: I really need some help with this.....
Jeff, how long have you waited to work in a chupacabra reference?

[Image: images3_zps3c6343b8.jpg]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-07-2013, 06:15 PM
(26-07-2013 06:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Jeff, how long have you waited to work in a chupacabra reference?

Some of us wait for years, and there's ol' Jeff slippin' it in, slick as a whistle. Bowing

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-07-2013, 06:22 PM
(26-07-2013 06:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Jeff, how long have you waited to work in a chupacabra reference?

Funny. Clap
Honestly, I have not been waiting at all to incorporate the reference. In fact, I don't remember thinking it up at all...

...It was as if someone else was typing...

...and I was merely watching....

...a spectator in my own body....

...I could sense the presence of another...

...entity, if you will.

...maybe it's finally time to sell that Ouija board.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
26-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Well, I had said from the start, that I was just about completely converted to atheism anyway. I was hoping for more of some sorts of "scientific answers" to the situation in that trailer, but I guess I won't find them here.

So aside from this ^ I believe I can "not believe" just as easily, without anyone's help.

So you guys have a great day Smile
Fish
26-07-2013, 07:29 PM
(26-07-2013 07:24 PM)fish chris Wrote:  Well, I had said from the start, that I was just about completely converted to atheism anyway. I was hoping for more of some sorts of "scientific answers" to the situation in that trailer, but I guess I won't find them here.

So aside from this ^ I believe I can "not believe" just as easily, without anyone's help.

Fish

You've hardly tried. Now you're giving up? Whatever.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 07:33 PM
(26-07-2013 07:24 PM)fish chris Wrote:  Well, I had said from the start, that I was just about completely converted to atheism anyway. I was hoping for more of some sorts of "scientific answers" to the situation in that trailer, but I guess I won't find them here.

Fish

I offered a reason for the tv.

Have a nice day.

Drinking Beverage

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

26-07-2013, 07:37 PM

So, uh, all the perfectly rational, perfectly plausible hypotheses put forward in this very thread...

don't count?

Have you conducted any tests of the phenomena? What you've described sounds very easy to isolate.

... this is my signature!
26-07-2013, 07:43 PM

Fish

I don't know what kind of "scientific answers" that you're hoping for. All anyone here has to work with is personal testimony, which is the worst kind of evidence there is. The BEST we can do is trust that your memory is accurate and speculate at possible causes. There's nothing scientific to be done here. There's no hard evidence. We can't repeat any of your experiences. You're at an impasse.

Unless someone else had identical experiences and subsequently found a "natural" solution, you're left with accepting plausible solutions and nothing more.

By the way, I was just having some fun in the previous post. I was not going asshole on you. Thumbsup

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 3 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
26-07-2013, 11:21 PM

Fish

You need to be less defensive. We're not gonna say "Oh, he says it can't be anything other than a ghost, it must have been a ghost". Humans are fallible and believe all kinds of weird things without good reason. We have *all* been there, that's why this stuff is interesting. Who knows what kind of weird ideas I'm harbouring that are actually not truths but rather assumptions that I haven't thought to question yet ? If it really is a ghost then you should be able to eliminate alternate hypotheses to confirm your suspicions. But starting from the idea "It's a ghost" and working backwards to "this evidence confirms that it's a ghost" is not scientific thinking.
27-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Has no one considered that this guy is full of shit yet? His name is "fish chris"...(Christ Fish). His story sounds a lot like when a Christian says, "What if you actually saw God? How would you explain what you saw was not actually God based on your "atheism"?" I've heard this question many times, especially considering how the question is asked, only giving out little details at a time so that you can form an opinion on it and then the conditions of what you based your opinion on are changed as it goes to make it seem like your being inconstant in your response. The thing being that the person making the claim never experienced it, but believes it could happen, so speaks about it as though it "did" happen, because even though they did not experience it personally, they know it's a real thing that could happen, so make no difference to talk about it as though it really happened to them.

I think this guy is a fraud.