I recently told my wife I’m an Atheist. I need to vent.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: I recently told my wife I’m an Atheist. I need to vent.
(09-09-2016 10:27 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Great. Another guy who loves eating crawdads. Dodgy

I love eating crawfish. WTF is a "crawdad"? Wink Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2016, 12:06 AM
(09-09-2016 11:07 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 10:27 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Great. Another guy who loves eating crawdads. Dodgy

I love eating crawfish. WTF is a "crawdad"? Wink Tongue

southern for crayfish, or crawfish. I grew up calling 'em crawdads, 'cept when we would go to Naw'lins. Then it's usually Crawfish or Mudbugs.
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
10-09-2016, 12:39 AM
Mmmm... mmm!
Étouffée.
Drooling

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-09-2016, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2016 05:42 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
At the risk of sounding like Bubba, rattling off shrimp recipes, all the best foods in Cajunland are made with crawfish. Ranked in order of my favorites:

Crawfish Boudin.

Pistolettes. (A thick version of étouffée cooked into sweet bread, often fried like a jelly doughnut. Amaaaazing!)

Crawfish Étouffée.

Crawfish Po-Boys.

Jambalaya.

Crawfish Bisque. (Crab is pretty good, too.)

Crawfish Filé Gumbo. (Usually has other meats, too... but crawfish are a must!)

Boiled Crawfish (Must be done in traditional Louisiana style... this is usually messed up badly by people north of Interstate 10... if they don't warn you "Don't eat the dead ones!"** when serving, don't eat any of it.)

Crawfish Pie.

Crawfish Beignets.

Crawfish Ya-Ya Remoulade.

Crawfish Cornbread. (Especially sweet "hot water" cornbread... mmmm, good!)

Maque Choux. (A Creole dish that we sometimes also make... crawfish not required, but highly recommended!)

** Note: because crawfish are boiled alive, they curl up tightly in pain as they die. If the crawfish was already dead when it went into the pot, it will stay "relaxed", indicating that the thing was probably full of dangerous bacteria that would not be entirely wiped out by the boiling process, and will make you very ill. Thus, "Don't eat the dead ones!" is a traditional Cajun warning when serving a plate, at least to neophytes. This has nothing to do with whether or not the crawfish boil was done in true Cajun style, but it's a good clue that they don't know what they're doing if they don't.

Edit to Add Post-Script: I knew what "crawdad" meant, TOC and TD1... I was just being sardonic.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
10-09-2016, 08:30 AM
(09-09-2016 10:27 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 12:20 AM)GEAUX Wrote:  Yes, I'm a Cajun. As in GEAUX CAJUNS! We ain't always good, but I support my hometown school. (I'm also thankful I don't have I wear purple and yellow, lol.)

Great. Another guy who loves eating crawdads. Dodgy

I'm from Louisiana, and I can't stand the fuckers. If I wanted to taste mud, I can eat mud without spending an outrageous price.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
10-09-2016, 08:35 AM
(10-09-2016 05:31 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  At the risk of sounding like Bubba, rattling off shrimp recipes, all the best foods in Cajunland are made with crawfish. Ranked in order of my favorites:

Crawfish Boudin.

Pistolettes. (A thick version of étouffée cooked into sweet bread, often fried like a jelly doughnut. Amaaaazing!)

Crawfish Étouffée.

Crawfish Po-Boys.

Jambalaya.

Boiled Crawfish (Must be done in traditional Louisiana style... this is usually messed up badly by people north of Interstate 10... if they don't warn you "Don't eat the dead ones!"** when serving, don't eat any of it.)

Crawfish Pie.

Crawfish Beignets.

Maque Choux. (A Creole dish that we sometimes also make... crawfish not required, but highly recommended!)

** Note: because crawfish are boiled alive, they curl up tightly in pain as they die. If the crawfish was already dead when it went into the pot, it will stay "relaxed", indicating that the thing was probably full of dangerous bacteria that would not be entirely wiped out by the boiling process, and will make you very ill. Thus, "Don't eat the dead ones!" is a traditional Cajun warning when serving a plate, at least to neophytes. This has nothing to do with whether or not the crawfish boil was done in true Cajun style, but it's a good clue that they don't know what they're doing if they don't.

Edit to Add Post-Script: I knew what "crawdad" meant, TOC and TD1... I was just being sardonic.

I read all of that in Bubba's voice.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
10-09-2016, 10:45 AM
(10-09-2016 08:30 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

I'm from Louisiana, and I can't stand the fuckers. If I wanted to taste mud, I can eat mud without spending an outrageous price.

If you are A) tasting mud, or B) paying an "outrageous price", then you are not eating Cajun food... you are dining at one of the many Louisiana establishments put up by non-Cajuns in order to take advantage of people who don't know the difference. Seriously, they're everywhere, nowadays, sadly enough. Sad

They taste a bit like a cross between shrimp and lobster. They're awesome.

Many people can't stand eating them just boiled, and I can understand that, for the "ewww" factor of having to rip them open and eat them that way... but in the various dishes, they're everything that's awesome about shrimp, but with a bit more of a lobster flavor.

I was heartbroken when I moved out of south Louisiana and into the cities and northern half of the state, when I tried what they called "Cajun food". The stuff in Ruston and Monroe, in particular, was awful. Blech!

Just being from Louisiana doesn't mean you've had proper Cajun food, please believe me!!

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
10-09-2016, 10:54 AM
(10-09-2016 08:35 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 05:31 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  At the risk of sounding like Bubba, rattling off shrimp recipes, all the best foods in Cajunland are made with crawfish. Ranked in order of my favorites:

Crawfish Boudin.

Crawfish Étouffée.

Crawfish Po-Boys.

Jambalaya.

Crawfish Pie.

Crawfish Beignets.

I read all of that in Bubba's voice.
did you inject a massive amount of botox in your lower lip first?
Quote: Throughout filming, Williamson wore a lip attachment to create Bubba's protruding lip.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
10-09-2016, 02:32 PM

Crawfish Boudin.

Crawfish Étouffée.

Crawfish Po-Boys.

Jambalaya.

Crawfish Pie.

Crawfish Beignets.

I figured you did. Big Grin

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
10-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Quote:Edit to Add Post-Script: I knew what "crawdad" meant, TOC and TD1... I was just being sardonic.

I kind of figured, but I'm never sure with you so I went with the safe and informative route. Smile