I saved a spider today.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2014, 06:45 AM
RE: I saved a spider today.
[Image: spiderlion_zps1e055b02.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
11-04-2014, 12:16 PM
(10-04-2014 04:04 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 03:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Better idea; you keep Ken Ham, we send you spiders, and you put him in a pit with a bunch of Sydney Funnel Webs (which, by the way, are considered tied with the Brazilian Wandering Spider in terms of killing your ass dead capability)

nah, He might be an idiot, but I don't wish death upon him. Besides creationist are killing themselves, my dad told me "Let the idiots debate each other, they will kill themselves."

Who said anything about killing him? No, my friend we wouldn't kill him.
If he failed to kill all the spiders and avoid envenomation, clearly his will to live would not be great enough and he let himself die.

It would just be a happy coincidence that he'd be so clumsy as to 'fall' into the spider pit of Doom.

(10-04-2014 04:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 04:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  And spread Malaria...

Well tell me what animal won't kill us?

Face facts, man.

We are humans. Without our tech pretty much anything on Earth could kill us with out much trouble if they tried... We're not the most powerful or resilient species.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-04-2014, 12:32 PM
(11-04-2014 12:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 04:04 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  nah, He might be an idiot, but I don't wish death upon him. Besides creationist are killing themselves, my dad told me "Let the idiots debate each other, they will kill themselves."

Who said anything about killing him? No, my friend we wouldn't kill him.
If he failed to kill all the spiders and avoid envenomation, clearly his will to live would not be great enough and he let himself die.

It would just be a happy coincidence that he'd be so clumsy as to 'fall' into the spider pit of Doom.

(10-04-2014 04:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well tell me what animal won't kill us?

Face facts, man.

We are humans. Without our tech pretty much anything on Earth could kill us with out much trouble if they tried... We're not the most powerful or resilient species.

And with motorcycle season upon us, we introduce birds and otherwise harmless little critters to the list of potentially deadly incounters.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-04-2014, 12:34 PM
I like arachnids and tarantulas, grew up playing with them, snakes too.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
21-11-2015, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2015 10:15 AM by Hafnof.)
Rather than respond to the huntsman post in the favorite pictures thread I thought I'd necro this one.

I rehome huntsmen that come in my house. The last big one was found in my ensuite. It had entered through an open window during my wife's shower.

I chose a container and coaxed it into a fairly open space to try and capture it. Unfortunately as I made my move so did the spider. As I stepped back to give it room and dropped the container I did indeed capture it.

I captured it with the container up the wrong way.

[Image: FB_IMG_1444914277183.jpg]

The spider was upside down, and confined to about 3mm of space between the lip of the container and the tile floor.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
21-11-2015, 09:59 AM
(10-04-2014 01:39 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  I am terrified of the really venomous ones we have here, but other than that I like spiders. Tongue

Where is your Here with real venomousGasp spiders?
21-11-2015, 10:02 AM
(10-04-2014 03:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I killed two...

I've always believed the Bible where it says "Thou shalt not suffer a spider to live!":gasp:
21-11-2015, 10:05 AM
(10-04-2014 04:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I saved a little baby black type of spider today!

Saved it for lunch instead of eating it for breakfast?Sadcryface2
21-11-2015, 10:08 AM
(10-04-2014 04:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 04:23 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  But I Heart mosquitoes, they pollinate flowers.Weeping

And spread Malaria...

And Dengue as well as Chickiemagoogoo or what ever that newest disease we are seeing a lot of here in the Dominican Republic!Angry
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
21-11-2015, 01:16 PM
(21-11-2015 09:52 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Rather than respond to the huntsman post in the favorite pictures thread I thought I'd necro this one.

I rehome huntsmen that come in my house. The last big one was found in my ensuite. It had entered through an open window during my wife's shower.

I chose a container and coaxed it into a fairly open space to try and capture it. Unfortunately as I made my move so did the spider. As I stepped back to give it room and dropped the container I did indeed capture it.

I captured it with the container up the wrong way.

[Image: FB_IMG_1444914277183.jpg]

The spider was upside down, and confined to about 3mm of space between the lip of the container and the tile floor.

^^^^
No! Just no!
Angry

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post