I saw a Deer Today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2011, 11:31 PM

I saw a Deer Today
I didn't really see a deer. I am, however, listening to the Portal 2 soundtrack and that is the song that is playing. I'm introducing myself to the forum and community. Must say its nice to feel that such a place exists. I do, and have always, lived in the bible belt. Deep within that iron fortress that is religious certainty it is easy to forget that there are people out there who haven't succumb to insanity.

I realized that I was an atheist when I was 17. Though thinking back I have to wonder if I wasn't one long before then. I never felt faith. I never felt that peculiar and somewhat embarrassing thing that forced people to jump up and down in church and cry when they sung hymns. So I just prayed for God to fix me and give me more faith. What other conclusion could I as a child come up with?

Its people like you guys though, putting yourselves out there, just admitting that you exist, that showed me that there was another very simple answer. 'You are not broken, this system is.'

So I would feel somewhat useless and a bit ashamed if I didn't thank the community by at least putting my own voice out there. Perhaps it will help someone else realize they do not need fixing.

Greetings to all!

Basic facts about me:

I enjoy anime. Video games. Reading. General recluse activities.

I am currently 20.

I plan to study some sort of electrical engineering/computer science/mechatronics Frankenstein hybrid. I would like to apply that work to the field of Space exploration some day.

I'm interested in all of the sciences. Learning in general excites me.

I'm atheist. My entire family is religious to some extent. Almost everyone I know or work with is religious.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cube's post
27-05-2011, 01:06 AM
RE: I saw a Deer Today
Another early twenties something atheist studying electrical engineering who plays Portal 2?

Oh I like you.

Our numbers are growing!

Welcome to the forum.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Hello brother. I hope you've seen Berserk, if you like anime, if not, there is your homework.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-05-2011, 03:27 PM

Hah. Thank you Michael.

Filox, No, I have not seen Berserk, but it is on my infamous 'list' of anime to watch.Trying to knock down the new shows this season and finish up Bakemono.
27-05-2011, 04:09 PM

Rainbow RE: I saw a Deer Today
Well hello there, you square. Wink

[Image: 10.gif] And welcome to the forums.
27-05-2011, 04:33 PM

(27-05-2011 04:09 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Well hello there, you square. Wink

Square! I'm totally interesting!

Haha. Thank you.
27-05-2011, 05:17 PM
(26-05-2011 11:31 PM)Cube Wrote:  I'm atheist. My entire family is religious to some extent. Almost everyone I know or work with is religious.

Well at least you know they're prayin' for you. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
31-05-2011, 05:10 AM
Berserk is the best anime of all time, based on the most popular manga in Japan for the last 15 years, made by Kentao Miura. There are a couple of versions on the Internet, one with English audio or the one with Japanese (original) audio and English subtitles. I would strongly recommend the original, Japanese version. After that you will stop watching other anime and dedicate your free time to finding all the Berserk manga and then you will spend couple of months reading all that huge material.

Smile

P.S.
For those who don't know what we are talking about, manga are Japanese comic books and anime are Japanese cartoons.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson