I saw a rainbow today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2014, 07:35 PM
I saw a rainbow today!
I saw the most perfect looking Rainbow today and it was almost a double rainbow that had started to form. It was so beautiful I almost couldn't drive my car I had to look at it and all its wonderful beauty. It was so perfect and so beautiful that an overwhelming presents of happiness and awe. I knew in my heart that someone had to be watching over me, and love me and that god truly was out there somewhere...but then I came to my senses and realized that it was just the reflection of water droplets making a refraction of the light spectrum wave lengths and when my eyes pick up these wave lengths they were coding them back through to me and placed it as the image that I know as color when in actuality that color does not exist but is a product of our minds and has invoked a variety of certain chemicals in our brains that cause us to have what we call emotions.

Good thing too eh? It was still really pretty and it really makes me wish I had a camera so I could take pictures of things and moments like this that are completely meaningless to the rest of the world but brings me such great joy for brief moments of time. I never see rainbows often, because I never spend extended periods of time outside and they just don't happen every day. especially since my area has been in drought the last couple years. Just not getting the kind of rain we need recently. Anyway, I saw a rainbow, It made me feel happy and now I am gonna cook some Chicken and dumplings and pretend that that rainbow meant something good for me lol.

Maybe its a sign that I will finally find one of the items on Diablo 3 that I have been looking for for the last two weeks? Big Grin

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Shadow Fox's post
26-09-2014, 08:16 PM
RE: I saw a rainbow today!

Made me think of this Big Grin

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
26-09-2014, 08:56 PM
I was actually thinking of this video when I saw my rainbow today!

26-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Rainbows are cool. When you see one it's a magical moment because they never last long and you have to be in the right spot at the right time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
26-09-2014, 09:53 PM
(26-09-2014 07:35 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I saw the most perfect looking Rainbow today and it was almost a double rainbow that had started to form. It was so beautiful I almost couldn't drive my car I had to look at it and all its wonderful beauty. It was so perfect and so beautiful that an overwhelming presents of happiness and awe. I knew in my heart that someone had to be watching over me, and love me and that god truly was out there somewhere...but then I came to my senses and realized that it was just the reflection of water droplets making a refraction of the light spectrum wave lengths and when my eyes pick up these wave lengths they were coding them back through to me and placed it as the image that I know as color when in actuality that color does not exist but is a product of our minds and has invoked a variety of certain chemicals in our brains that cause us to have what we call emotions.

Good thing too eh? It was still really pretty and it really makes me wish I had a camera so I could take pictures of things and moments like this that are completely meaningless to the rest of the world but brings me such great joy for brief moments of time. I never see rainbows often, because I never spend extended periods of time outside and they just don't happen every day. especially since my area has been in drought the last couple years. Just not getting the kind of rain we need recently. Anyway, I saw a rainbow, It made me feel happy and now I am gonna cook some Chicken and dumplings and pretend that that rainbow meant something good for me lol.

Maybe its a sign that I will finally find one of the items on Diablo 3 that I have been looking for for the last two weeks? Big Grin

Rainbows are like a metaphor for life. It's beautiful, so enjoy it while it lasts 'cause it'll be gone before you know it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-09-2014, 07:08 AM
[Image: dblRainbow_s.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Have you ever seen a rainbow cloud?

The feelings of awe that rainbows inspire pale in comparison to the feelings when you see this thing.

I saw one on a train ride a few years ago and I was so amazed that I was actually scared. I was literally like Ohmy

Sadly, my camera was out of battery and my phone took crappy photos. The pics I took simply looked like a big light in the sky.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
27-09-2014, 07:39 AM
(27-09-2014 07:27 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Have you ever seen a rainbow cloud?

The feelings of awe that rainbows inspire pale in comparison to the feelings when you see this thing.

I saw one on a train ride a few years ago and I was so amazed that I was actually scared. I was literally like Ohmy

Sadly, my camera was out of battery and my phone took crappy photos. The pics I took simply looked like a big light in the sky.

That's pretty cool!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-09-2014, 09:09 AM
I call this a "stop to smell the roses" moment.

I find it grounds you to spend a bit of time to really look at nature or natural phenomena. They are amazing. The way it all comes together and works together is amazing.

The Christians point to this as "intelligent design". It's not a bad way to describe it, but not the way Christians mean it. It is intelligent design - as more variety of life evolves, it all does so in tandem with an increase in level of "intelligence" ( and I define "intelligence" here simply as the ability to process sensory input and adapt accordingly).

And all these organisms play off each other and eat each other. I don't see how anything but a very long long time of evolution could have produced anything so intricate.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Saw another one today! not as nice as the other one but it was quite lovely.