I saw something and now I think maybe? UPDATED, post #46

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2017, 07:11 PM
RE: I saw something and now I think maybe? UPDATED, post #46
(11-10-2017 05:52 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  EXCITING UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooo... big foot is out of the bag!

I'm REALLY super sorry to those that took me seriously, and I'm ashamed of appearing to be a nut bar, but for those of you who don't venture into the truth or dare thread that JennyB made, you'll learn that I was dared to pull this prank on the forum. Angel

My dare here.

I will say that I've always wanted to see a sasquatch, I don't care how unreal they are! I've wanted to secretly dress up as one too, except I'd probably for real be shot so I won't do that. But to film some people being mystified would be amazing! Better than this dare. Heart

I will also say that having had this experience of people responding to my original post is an eye opener. I didn't even believe what I wrote but felt defensive with some of the curt replies. Makes me wonder how real kooks feel. No wonder they can get all squirrelly.

For the record:

I do have trail cameras, but they just catch the regular stuff. Now I am thinking I can run a prank on my husband and dress up in my Gorilla 5K run suit and spook the cam at night. My two daughters have suits too, we could be in on it together. Yes! Never though of that before.

I HAVE seen hundreds of creatures (I read someone in the thread questioning this- I lived on THE edge of civilization, not even a farm field from my property line to the west for over 1700KMs.)

Lynx are my FAVOURITE Feline and they do move in a creepy way. I need to find the creepy lynx video I have, it's stored in an external hard drive I have to dig through, but it's amazing.

Thanks for letting JB and LJ indulge in some humorous fun! HeartShy

PS, I was going to put this in my OP but forgot after 24hr I can't edit anymore.

You just broke my wife's heart. She's loading the gun ... aiming it at my laptop ... oh shit!

Tongue

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2017, 07:14 PM
(11-10-2017 07:11 PM)Free Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 05:52 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  EXCITING UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooo... big foot is out of the bag!

I'm REALLY super sorry to those that took me seriously, and I'm ashamed of appearing to be a nut bar, but for those of you who don't venture into the truth or dare thread that JennyB made, you'll learn that I was dared to pull this prank on the forum. Angel

My dare here.

I will say that I've always wanted to see a sasquatch, I don't care how unreal they are! I've wanted to secretly dress up as one too, except I'd probably for real be shot so I won't do that. But to film some people being mystified would be amazing! Better than this dare. Heart

I will also say that having had this experience of people responding to my original post is an eye opener. I didn't even believe what I wrote but felt defensive with some of the curt replies. Makes me wonder how real kooks feel. No wonder they can get all squirrelly.

For the record:

I do have trail cameras, but they just catch the regular stuff. Now I am thinking I can run a prank on my husband and dress up in my Gorilla 5K run suit and spook the cam at night. My two daughters have suits too, we could be in on it together. Yes! Never though of that before.

I HAVE seen hundreds of creatures (I read someone in the thread questioning this- I lived on THE edge of civilization, not even a farm field from my property line to the west for over 1700KMs.)

Lynx are my FAVOURITE Feline and they do move in a creepy way. I need to find the creepy lynx video I have, it's stored in an external hard drive I have to dig through, but it's amazing.

Thanks for letting JB and LJ indulge in some humorous fun! HeartShy

PS, I was going to put this in my OP but forgot after 24hr I can't edit anymore.

You just broke my wife's heart. She's loading the gun ... aiming it at my laptop ... oh shit!

Tongue

I loved your wife instantly when I saw what you wrote. I've seen a lot of animals that I'm left wondering what I saw.
11-10-2017, 09:23 PM
(10-10-2017 01:29 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I was out walking in the woods. I have come across many things when I am walking and hiking. Moose, bears, wolves and even a linx. Linx are really hard to spot. I've only seen them twice- the other stuff hundreds of times. I thought maybe this was another linx because of the way it was moving, sort of a creepy human but beast like way. Except this time it was upright, more like a human. I actually became scared because of how unfamiliar it was. Even my dog did not know how to respond. She was speechless and stopped still to watch. It was turned away from me and then it slinked off into the bush, on its back two feet. I didn't see it's face to know what this is and of course it happened so fast I couldn't get a vid or pic, my phone was in my back pack.

It made me wonder the probability of it being a Sasquatch like creature? That's what came to mind, and I know it sounds crazy. I know in the rainforest and other places there are new species being discovered every day... maybe we as humans really did miss discovering this one? There is so much unchartered territory around where I live still.

I know I'm going to get the eye roll on this here at TTA, I'm just wondering how possible this is that this creature could have fallen through the cracks.

I can't get this image out of my mind. I am going to walk down this path today again, I'm almost thinking of leaving the dog behind so I can be quieter.

Here's my brilliant response after reading your post 46:

Bigfoot is NOT implausible, there are no physical or evolutionary violations in the concept, there is even fossil evidence of such a creature- Gigantopithecus.

Now here's the butts:

If you see something odd, I would immediately place it in a ranked priority of plausibility:

1. You misinterpreted something you saw -most likely explanation.
2. You have incomplete data/lack of evidence- pretty likely explanation.
3. Someone was perpetrating a hoax- fairly likely.
4. You saw a rare animal - possible, but not as likely.
5. You saw something that could overturn everything scientists think in regards to anthropology and fossil evidence.

Any bigfoot claims should be evaluated in terms of these scenarios, personally, I would NEVER proceed past point # 3 without solid evidence.

Unfortunately, bigfoot "research" falls into the realm of fraud pretty quickly. Even one of the most touted examples of evidence; The Patterson/Gimlin video were claimed to be a fraud.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
11-10-2017, 09:34 PM
(11-10-2017 09:23 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-10-2017 01:29 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I was out walking in the woods. I have come across many things when I am walking and hiking. Moose, bears, wolves and even a linx. Linx are really hard to spot. I've only seen them twice- the other stuff hundreds of times. I thought maybe this was another linx because of the way it was moving, sort of a creepy human but beast like way. Except this time it was upright, more like a human. I actually became scared because of how unfamiliar it was. Even my dog did not know how to respond. She was speechless and stopped still to watch. It was turned away from me and then it slinked off into the bush, on its back two feet. I didn't see it's face to know what this is and of course it happened so fast I couldn't get a vid or pic, my phone was in my back pack.

It made me wonder the probability of it being a Sasquatch like creature? That's what came to mind, and I know it sounds crazy. I know in the rainforest and other places there are new species being discovered every day... maybe we as humans really did miss discovering this one? There is so much unchartered territory around where I live still.

I know I'm going to get the eye roll on this here at TTA, I'm just wondering how possible this is that this creature could have fallen through the cracks.

I can't get this image out of my mind. I am going to walk down this path today again, I'm almost thinking of leaving the dog behind so I can be quieter.

Here's my brilliant response after reading your post 46:

Bigfoot is NOT implausible, there are no physical or evolutionary violations in the concept, there is even fossil evidence of such a creature- Gigantopithecus.

Now here's the butts:

If you see something odd, I would immediately place it in a ranked priority of plausibility:

1. You misinterpreted something you saw -most likely explanation.
2. You have incomplete data/lack of evidence- pretty likely explanation.
3. Someone was perpetrating a hoax- fairly likely.
4. You saw a rare animal - possible, but not as likely.
5. You saw something that could overturn everything scientists think in regards to anthropology and fossil evidence.

Any bigfoot claims should be evaluated in terms of these scenarios, personally, I would NEVER proceed past point # 3 without solid evidence.

Unfortunately, bigfoot "research" falls into the realm of fraud pretty quickly. Even one of the most touted examples of evidence; The Patterson/Gimlin video were claimed to be a fraud.

Well, it was a pretty brilliant response ... Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-10-2017, 03:08 AM
(11-10-2017 01:23 PM)unsapien Wrote:  That would be assuming who or whatever it is treats its dead as we would, there are hundreds, thousands of big animals in the forest... deer, moose, bears etc...

But what do you usually find of them after they're dead? Never a complete corpse... an antler here, a rib there, maybe if you're looking for it, nature's got the best cleaning crew ever evolved.
No doubt, I just presumed that even if it was bones, you'd notice like a 7 foot tall human-esque skeleton laying around.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2017, 04:03 AM
So cool I laughed my ass off at this thank you LadyJane.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
12-10-2017, 06:51 AM
(12-10-2017 04:03 AM)adey67 Wrote:  So cool I laughed my ass off at this thank you LadyJane.

She was a good sport Smile And kudos to her for making it sound believable Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-10-2017, 10:00 AM
(11-10-2017 05:52 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I'm REALLY super sorry to those that took me seriously, and I'm ashamed of appearing to be a nut bar, but for those of you who don't venture into the truth or dare thread that JennyB made, you'll learn that I was dared to pull this prank on the forum. Angel

It was fun to help be a co-conspiracy-nutter.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
12-10-2017, 10:28 AM
I'm uncertain if Fred will see the funny side but we'll have to wait and see.
12-10-2017, 03:12 PM
(11-10-2017 06:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 04:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Does Girly live near you? Consider

Angel

As far as I know, I’m on the other side of the country.

I still have no clue what the fuck that sound was, our area isn’t big on bears. Aside from coyotes that eat the small animals and neighborhood cats) the biggest things are deer...

But it could have been a dog (person up the road has two huge bull mastiffs). They are big enough to thud if they ran, right?

I've heard white tail bucks 'thud'. They either stamp a front hoof as a signal (to the threat?) or they will walk stiff-legged when going all macho and their front hooves striking are pretty loud. Edit: Come to think of it, does will also do the stamp-a-hoof routine when they have fawns.

I've got plenty of deer and have experienced this. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user