I saw this on fb ..........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 05:07 PM
I saw this on fb ..........
[Image: 10253838_464251553705758_6845098416969418752_n.jpg]

Couldn't resist pointing out that omnipotent beings can't really make sacrifices. Evil_monster

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
18-04-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: I saw this on fb ..........
And who did God begat with to get his "only begotten son"?

I have to say, it's some kind of pick-up line.

"Yeah baby, you know that I am a God in bed doncha. Literally."
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
18-04-2014, 05:22 PM
I like how it points out he was his only son. If he had like two or three it wouldn't be as big a deal, cause he'd have some left over.

And didn't that Job guy lose like ten kids? And absolutely none of them resurrected? Or does it only count as a good thing when you want the kid to die?
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
18-04-2014, 05:23 PM
(18-04-2014 05:07 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  [Image: 10253838_464251553705758_6845098416969418752_n.jpg]

Couldn't resist pointing out that omnipotent beings can't really make sacrifices. Evil_monster

Yabut, if you say it with a "believeth" it sounds better than "if you're dumb enough to buy this shit". Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Plus, and I can't believe Christians never ask this, what the fuck does Jesus dying have to do with forgiving sin?!

Why couldn't God just forgive people without killing his son? If these people saw a film where one character wronged another and it ended with the person who was wronged in a confrontation with the guy who wronged him and, instead of telling him he was over it or taking his revenge or something, he took his own fucking son, nailed him to a cross, watched him die, and then turned to the other guy and said "now I can forgive you" they'd say it didn't make even the remotest bit of sense. You know why, because it bloody doesn't!

Makes me glad my Dad isn't a Christian, if he was I'd be worried he was gonna try and crucify me next time he wanted to forgive someone.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
18-04-2014, 05:48 PM
I have a paper on my kindle by a christian theologian which explains that verse does not mean god loves everyone, but only israelites.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
18-04-2014, 05:59 PM
(18-04-2014 05:07 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  [Image: 10253838_464251553705758_6845098416969418752_n.jpg]

So, he creates us and then we sin, so he sends down his son to get killed for our sins even though he created us the people who sinned and caused his son to get killed in the first place. Why didn't he just make us perfect in the first place?

[Image: Output_zpsagzm5bhu.gif]
18-04-2014, 06:02 PM
(18-04-2014 05:59 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  So, he creates us and then we sin, so he sends down his son to get killed for our sins even though he created us the people who sinned and caused his son to get killed in the first place. Why didn't he just make us perfect in the first place?

According to the vicar on my Alpha course (I asked about this given God's omnipotence) God's intention was for us to sin and for this issue to arise so he could send Jesus down. He literally planned the entire thing from the start.

Best
Worst
18-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Some fings in life are bad, they can really make you mad. Uvvah fings just make ya swear an' curse...

That goes through my mind every time I see a crucifix now.

The stars are matter, we are matter... but it doesn't matter. - Captain Beefheart
18-04-2014, 06:05 PM
(18-04-2014 06:02 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 05:59 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  So, he creates us and then we sin, so he sends down his son to get killed for our sins even though he created us the people who sinned and caused his son to get killed in the first place. Why didn't he just make us perfect in the first place?

According to the vicar on my Alpha course (I asked about this given God's omnipotence) God's intention was for us to sin and for this issue to arise so he could send Jesus down. He literally planned the entire thing from the start.

Facepalm

[Image: Output_zpsagzm5bhu.gif]