I see the dim light!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 07:44 PM
I see the dim light!
Howdy, after long discussions and research; I have come to the conclusion that there has to be not the god that Christianity professes. I'm a U.S. Veteran, student and father. I'm looking for understanding on how to handle the emotions of myself and family as we move along on this avenue of thought. Thank you. I look forward to contributing to the forum.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: I see the dim light!
Hello! Big Grin

Hug

Best wishes to you and yours.
11-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Welcome!!

Lost of helpful folks here, many who have gone through what you're experiencing. There's a special area of the forum for helping with personal issues like the ones you mention. No riff raff allowed in there, just support and advice if you need it.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Support

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
11-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Howdy! And welcome! Shy

11-02-2015, 08:04 PM
(11-02-2015 07:44 PM)Typhon Wrote:  Howdy, after long discussions and research; I have come to the conclusion that there has to be not the god that Christianity professes. I'm a U.S. Veteran, student and father. I'm looking for understanding on how to handle the emotions of myself and family as we move along on this avenue of thought. Thank you. I look forward to contributing to the forum.

Hey, welcome to the insane asylum. Pull up a chair, join the circle, and engage in mindless bantering nefariously designed to either make you look like a blubbering idiot, or as one on the cusp of genius.

Big Grin

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
11-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Welcome, fellow doubter.

I recommend starting by thinking about the process of determining what is true / real.

Enjoy the journey. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the forum, enjoy you're stay!

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
12-02-2015, 12:15 AM
I see the dim light!
Thank you everybody. It is a hard journey learning what has been engrained as a child and most adulthood to not being viable.
[+] 1 user Likes Typhon's post
12-02-2015, 12:24 AM
Hi there! Welcome! My deconversion was incredibly painful, but I can say it does get better.

Kinda nice to not worry there's a mean sky fairy judging me all the time and if I'm not faithful enough I'm gonna burn in hell forever. The pics for a laugh at religion is awesome - got me past my fear of blasphemy, and makes some astute observations about the ridiculousness of religion.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
12-02-2015, 06:20 AM
Maybe this will help ----

The indoctrination into any religion causes a person to undergo emotional upheaval for NO REAL REASON........

A person reverting to the natural state of atheism (all children are born atheist) isn't forced to experience false emotions, but is allowed to have emotions based on what is real in the world - and not some unattainable nonsense.

In other words ---

Now it gets real.

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post