I see the dim light!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: I see the dim light!
Welcome - maybe we can help that light get a bit brighter.

Lots of good people and good stuff here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2015, 06:53 AM
Welcome. I was never religious, so I don't know if I can help.
12-02-2015, 07:21 AM
I see the dim light!
I have been reading the forum a lot sense I found it. It seems many of the questions I have floating in my mind have been asked before. I will stick to the shadows for a little while till I have a better understanding. I'm not teetering between believing in some supernatural power or not. It's just basically coming to grips with the profound perceptual slap in the face to wake up.
[+] 1 user Likes Typhon's post
12-02-2015, 07:24 AM
I see the dim light!
One thing I could not find in the search, are local groups that discuss these issues. I'm in KY, which has its pros and cons.
12-02-2015, 07:48 AM
(12-02-2015 07:24 AM)Typhon Wrote:  One thing I could not find in the search, are local groups that discuss these issues. I'm in KY, which has its pros and cons.

Sorry, different continent... but...

I know when I read the "KY" my mind thought... Consider 'Maybe Kentucky...?'

But that smaller, nastier little voice in my head was all...Evil_monster 'Nah, mate...it's lube...'

Blush

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
12-02-2015, 07:59 AM
I see the dim light!
Haha!! Yeah the KY jokes run rapid, especially when you bring in the town of Knob Lick, or Musty Hollow.
[+] 2 users Like Typhon's post
12-02-2015, 08:23 AM
(12-02-2015 07:24 AM)Typhon Wrote:  One thing I could not find in the search, are local groups that discuss these issues. I'm in KY, which has its pros and cons.

http://www.atheismunited.com/wiki/Huge_l...s#Kentucky

search for 'atheist' at http://www.meetup.com

http://atheists.org/activism/state-directors

If you can't find one close you can always start one!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-02-2015, 08:44 AM
Hey there Typhon, glad you found the place. Lots of different points of view from all over the world here. Interesting discussions can often add dimension to one's own ideas so, don't hesitate to jump right in.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-02-2015, 11:30 AM
I see the dim light!
Thank you! In dealing with family members lately has been the hardest of all. Let's just say I have been dealing with some hardcore bible thumping literal word folks. One thing I like to point out is how come the men haven't stoned their wives for disobeying yet. I receive blank stares.
[+] 1 user Likes Typhon's post
12-02-2015, 12:17 PM
(12-02-2015 07:21 AM)Typhon Wrote:  I have been reading the forum a lot sense I found it. It seems many of the questions I have floating in my mind have been asked before. I will stick to the shadows for a little while till I have a better understanding. I'm not teetering between believing in some supernatural power or not. It's just basically coming to grips with the profound perceptual slap in the face to wake up.

I remember this feeling sooo well when I made the switch. Lots of reading and looking helped, this place helped a lot. Finding new ways to deal with personal and global problems in my mind was, well, I won't say challenging in the way it is difficult but challenging in the way that it was different.

Back logging the forum and youtube vids are great. Welcome!

The dim light that shines in a very dark place can shine brightly. Smartass
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post