I seem to have the opposite problem than most of you...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2016, 04:51 AM
I seem to have the opposite problem than most of you...
You all seem to be troubled by the lack of something to have faith in, I seem to be troubled by God being absolutely dominating (controlling your thoughts (not saying that God exists)). Whenever I listen to an apologist, I lose all hope in everything and feel like I have no choice but to be even more extreme than Westboro.
(Ok, maybe not them Laughat ).

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2016, 05:16 AM
RE: I seem to have the opposite problem than most of you...
Don't listen to 'em. Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-02-2016, 05:21 AM
(16-02-2016 05:16 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Don't listen to 'em. Undecided

That would give them an advantage "So, you don't care about what's true? Drinking Beverage ". Sadcryface

Truth seeker.
16-02-2016, 06:33 AM
(16-02-2016 04:51 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  You all seem to be troubled by the lack of something to have faith in,

What the hell do you know you pompous dickhead? Arrogance on thinking you know what "everyone" on here is troubled with is one of the reasons why you have a negative rep.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
16-02-2016, 06:39 AM
(16-02-2016 04:51 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  You all seem to be troubled by the lack of something to have faith in,

No, not at all. Drinking Beverage

Quote:I seem to be troubled by God being absolutely dominating (controlling your thoughts (not saying that God exists)).

Oh, dear - are you off your meds? Consider

Quote:Whenever I listen to an apologist, I lose all hope in everything and feel like I have no choice but to be even more extreme than Westboro.
(Ok, maybe not them Laughat ).

Extreme what? You are not making any sense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2016, 06:44 AM
The only thing I'm troubled by is the damned faucet dripping, and my unwillingness to crawl under the sink to fix it.

Past that, I'm good....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-02-2016, 06:47 AM
There are some people who have an emotional reaction ("are troubled") to leaving a religion, especially if that religion has dominated their life and thought for many years. That reaction's often temporary. though, and many atheists are not troubled at all by the idea that there is no god to believe in.

You seem to mean that for you, the idea of an all-powerful, all-seeing, personal, angry-dad god is so scary that you'd willingly do anything to avoid offending it, other than existing (which this god does claim is a crime--original sin). You'll try as hard as you can to avoid going to hell, because that sounds like an awful place.

I completely agree that such a god is troubling to a thinking person, largely because how can one in good conscience serve and worship a monster?

The good news is that there's no evidence that the god of the apologists exists. Maybe even better news is that the idea of "hell" seems to have been invented by Christians a few hundred years after Jesus's death--assuming Jesus ever existed--because they needed something to frighten people into converting and playing by the priests' rules.

Once you've decided that you don't believe Christian dogma, there's no need to bother with its apologists, either.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
16-02-2016, 07:32 AM
(16-02-2016 04:51 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  You all seem to be troubled by the lack of something to have faith in.

100 % false.
No one here is "troubled" by that. We are FREE of that bullshit.
You are *projecting*.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-02-2016, 08:18 AM
I think his "most of you/you all" is directed at threads already in the personal issues section or theists on verge or refusing to accept the possibility or concept of there being non-god or having it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-02-2016, 08:21 AM
(16-02-2016 04:51 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  You all seem to be troubled by the lack of something to have faith in

I don't have faith in anything and I'm perfectly happy with that.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post