I seem to have the opposite problem than most of you...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2016, 05:59 PM
RE: I seem to have the opposite problem than most of you...
How do you know what my problems are?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2016, 06:02 PM
I am not 'troubled' by my lack of faith.

Why would you think that?

I am more troubled by those who think that they must force their faith on me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-02-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm very sorry if I sounded that way. I feel like I have no choice but to believe in God because of apologists, but I really don't want to believe in God because it means that I'm just a worthless, evil slave.

Truth seeker.
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
16-02-2016, 06:08 PM
(16-02-2016 06:06 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm very sorry if I sounded that way. I feel like I have no choice but to believe in God because of apologists, but I really don't want to believe in God because it means that I'm just a worthless, evil slave.

Ummm...how about you stop listening to apologists and think for yourself...might help you a lot.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-02-2016, 06:10 PM
(16-02-2016 06:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:06 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm very sorry if I sounded that way. I feel like I have no choice but to believe in God because of apologists, but I really don't want to believe in God because it means that I'm just a worthless, evil slave.

Ummm...how about you stop listening to apologists and think for yourself...might help you a lot.

But I thought I was supposed to listen to counterarguments. Isn't that what science says? (sorry if I sound rude Sadcryface )

Truth seeker.
16-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Well, just laugh at them and start singing this song:

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-02-2016, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2016 06:19 PM by GirlyMan.)

All that means is your logic fu is weak. Apologetics are very lovely logical contortionists and mental gymnasts. Their usual tactic? Distracting you from the complete lack of soundness of their premises with the validity of their overly complex contorted argument. On the street we call it trying to baffle me with your bullshit. Ain't happening.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-02-2016, 06:18 PM
(16-02-2016 06:10 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ummm...how about you stop listening to apologists and think for yourself...might help you a lot.

But I thought I was supposed to listen to counterarguments. Isn't that what science says? (sorry if I sound rude Sadcryface )

An apologist isn't offering you proof or even a counterargument...they are trying to sell you something by talking in circles until you believe them.

Try reading the Bible. Figure out what it says...not what someone else tells you it says.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-02-2016, 06:22 PM

You're as worthless as I am. That is: not much, or a whole bunch, or somewhere in the middl of those extremes. If you have family, friends, coworkers, etc., with whom you'e making a difference, supporting them in times of loss, getting support, training and teaching and getting the same…that's GOOD. That's what humans do with each other to progress.

You do have a choice, and the great thing is that you understand the negative side. You already know that deciding to believe in the god of the apologists leaves you worthless and a slave.

God in the way religious people understand itis really a neutral or negative, so choose the things you feel are important, commit yourself to them, and enjoy your contributions. Stop worrying. If there's a good god, it will not condemn you for working on your own. If there's an awful god, you'll be one of the eternal soldiers on the side of the true good,.
16-02-2016, 06:22 PM
(16-02-2016 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:10 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  But I thought I was supposed to listen to counterarguments. Isn't that what science says? (sorry if I sound rude Sadcryface )

An apologist isn't offering you proof or even a counterargument...they are trying to sell you something by talking in circles until you believe them.

Try reading the Bible. Figure out what it says...not what someone else tells you it says.

Reading the Bible won't help me solve presuppositionalism. See, the whole point of Christianity is that your thoughts and emotions have no basis without God, and are controlled by God, so arguing against the Bible is a contradiction (according to them).

Truth seeker.