I seem to have the opposite problem than most of you...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2016, 06:27 PM
RE: I seem to have the opposite problem than most of you...
(16-02-2016 06:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  An apologist isn't offering you proof or even a counterargument...they are trying to sell you something by talking in circles until you believe them.

Try reading the Bible. Figure out what it says...not what someone else tells you it says.

Reading the Bible won't help me solve presuppositionalism. See, the whole point of Christianity is that your thoughts and emotions have no basis without God, and are controlled by God, so arguing against the Bible is a contradiction (according to them).

I don't know what else to say to you. You seem determined to cycle back around to where you were. And I might add that you were hopeless and depressed. Put the god thing away for a while and focus on yourself.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-02-2016, 06:30 PM
(16-02-2016 06:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Reading the Bible won't help me solve presuppositionalism. See, the whole point of Christianity is that your thoughts and emotions have no basis without God, and are controlled by God, so arguing against the Bible is a contradiction (according to them).

I don't know what else to say to you. You seem determined to cycle back around to where you were. And I might add that you were hopeless and depressed. Put the god thing away for a while and focus on yourself.

I'm determined to know the truth, and Sye Ten seems to prove that I can't do that without God.

Truth seeker.
16-02-2016, 06:31 PM
(16-02-2016 06:30 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't know what else to say to you. You seem determined to cycle back around to where you were. And I might add that you were hopeless and depressed. Put the god thing away for a while and focus on yourself.

I'm determined to know the truth, and Sye Ten seems to prove that I can't do that without God.

Okay, I'm done.

Unless Sye Ten has a shock collar on you I don't see why you are determined to be HIS slave.

Buh bye...again.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-02-2016, 06:32 PM
(16-02-2016 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:30 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm determined to know the truth, and Sye Ten seems to prove that I can't do that without God.

Okay, I'm done.

Unless Sye Ten has a shock collar on you I don't see why you are determined to be HIS slave.

Buh bye...again.

I'm not determined to be his slave, I just can't escape his arguments. Sadcryface2

Truth seeker.
16-02-2016, 06:35 PM
(16-02-2016 06:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  An apologist isn't offering you proof or even a counterargument...they are trying to sell you something by talking in circles until you believe them.

Try reading the Bible. Figure out what it says...not what someone else tells you it says.

Reading the Bible won't help me solve presuppositionalism. See, the whole point of Christianity is that your thoughts and emotions have no basis without God, and are controlled by God, so arguing against the Bible is a contradiction (according to them).

The whole point of christianity is self hate and control by exploiting human incredulity. But that's just my little ole opinion.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
16-02-2016, 06:37 PM
(16-02-2016 06:35 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Reading the Bible won't help me solve presuppositionalism. See, the whole point of Christianity is that your thoughts and emotions have no basis without God, and are controlled by God, so arguing against the Bible is a contradiction (according to them).

The whole point of christianity is self hate and control by exploiting human incredulity. But that's just my little ole opinion.

I absolutely agree with you, but I can't seem to argue against it without contradicting myself. Sadcryface2

Truth seeker.
16-02-2016, 06:38 PM
(16-02-2016 12:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 11:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gwynnies! Heart Banana_zorro

That's The answer to everything.

Fixed

(16-02-2016 06:32 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, I'm done.

Buh bye...again.

I'm not determined to be his slave, I just can't escape his arguments. Sadcryface2

Have you tried not listening to his arguments?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-02-2016, 06:39 PM
(16-02-2016 06:37 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:35 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  The whole point of christianity is self hate and control by exploiting human incredulity. But that's just my little ole opinion.

I absolutely agree with you, but I can't seem to argue against it without contradicting myself. Sadcryface2

That is all it takes.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
16-02-2016, 06:42 PM
(16-02-2016 06:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 12:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's The answer to everything.

Fixed

(16-02-2016 06:32 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm not determined to be his slave, I just can't escape his arguments. Sadcryface2

According to science, I must. Doesn't science say that not listening to counterarguments is dishonest?

Truth seeker.
16-02-2016, 06:45 PM
(16-02-2016 06:42 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Fixed

According to science, I must. Doesn't science say that not listening to counterarguments is dishonest?

Once you listen to them the first time and find out they are crap, you usually dismiss them and move on.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze