I seem to have the opposite problem than most of you...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: I seem to have the opposite problem than most of you...
(16-02-2016 07:48 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 07:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Diddo, I'm very confused.

Are you afraid of G-d? Are you trying to wean yourself out of Christianity, and are having your progress impeded by people like Sye Ten?

.... Oh, and I'm unclear about what Sye Ten's goal is. Is he trying to get people to generally believe in G-d or does he tell people they're going to hell if they don't believe in Jesus?

He tells people they're going to hell if they don't believe in Jesus. His view is that everyone knows that God exists and that everyone deserves to go to hell.

While you seem to have missed my earlier post.

Why should any one care what Sye says/writes etc?

What gives his words any sort of value/meaning?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2016, 07:52 PM
(16-02-2016 07:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 07:48 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  He tells people they're going to hell if they don't believe in Jesus. His view is that everyone knows that God exists and that everyone deserves to go to hell.

While you seem to have missed my earlier post.

Why should any one care what Sye says/writes etc?

What gives his words any sort of value/meaning?

I was answering Aliza's question... I'm not saying I believe it.

Truth seeker.
16-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I'm done. I won't get on this merry-go-round again.

I'm giving you a chance.

No one here cares if you believe or not, everyone comes to atheism on their own -- as opposed to Christianity which involves brainwashing, fear-mongering and indoctrination.

Otherwise without one of those...no one would fucking believe it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-02-2016, 07:58 PM

Are you afraid of G-d? Are you trying to wean yourself out of Christianity, and are having your progress impeded by people like Sye Ten?

.... Oh, and I'm unclear about what Sye Ten's goal is. Is he trying to get people to generally believe in G-d or does he tell people they're going to hell if they don't believe in Jesus?

He tells people they're going to hell if they don't believe in Jesus. His view is that everyone knows that God exists and that everyone deserves to go to hell.

I think I heard of this dude before.

#sigh
16-02-2016, 08:03 PM
(16-02-2016 07:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 07:48 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  He tells people they're going to hell if they don't believe in Jesus. His view is that everyone knows that God exists and that everyone deserves to go to hell.

I think I heard of this dude before.

Should that be a hungry god?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-02-2016, 08:05 PM

Okay, so if you're genuinely worried about the things that Sye Ten is saying, why don't you take one or two of his arguments and try to see if you can disprove them? Visit atheist and counter-missionary sites to see if other points of view make more sense to you. Post up a point or two on this site and see if TTA users can raise solid arguments to diffuse the concern you're having over what Sye Ten has to say.

There is a reason that people are leaving Christianity right and left. The internet is a huge part of it. Make use of it. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
16-02-2016, 11:04 PM

He's a presupposionalist who trys to scare people, and tries to make illogical nonsense look logical.

It seems to have worked quite well on you, for quite some time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Gee he hasnt changed? What a shocker......
17-02-2016, 03:34 AM
(16-02-2016 06:32 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, I'm done.

Unless Sye Ten has a shock collar on you I don't see why you are determined to be HIS slave.

Buh bye...again.

I'm not determined to be his slave, I just can't escape his arguments. Sadcryface2

But it has no relevance to your life. You are using this to avoid focusing on the real problems that need sorting out.

Been there. Done that. Ignore presuppositionalism. Forget about the Bible, or God or whatever. Figure out what tangible things you need to do to sort your life out.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
17-02-2016, 03:41 AM
(16-02-2016 11:08 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Gee he hasnt changed? What a shocker......

Yeah basically.

Diddo: There's this argument.
Everyone else: That's rubbish because ....
Diddo: I can't help myself. Someone's still making this argument.
Everyone else: Try sorting your life out instead.
Diddo: I can't help myself. Someone's still making this argument.
Everyone else: OK whatever

Next thread:

Diddo: There's this argument, which is basically the same as the previous one I posted about ...
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post