I sold my bike.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2017, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 10:50 PM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: I sold my bike.
(01-04-2017 01:31 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Thought of you and this thread this morning when we went to breakfast and saw this sitting in the parking lot with several Triumphs and a few BMWs.

[Image: J2QBs3l.jpg]

Well whatever it is, it's not stock. That clearly a Corbin seat and those are definitely aftermarket pipes. If it is an original, it's been repainted. Vintage ones would of had pinstripes around the tank. Also the front and rear fender would be chrome, not color matched. Also vintage models didn't have vented rotors, they were solid disks.

So yeah, most likely a newer remake rather than an actual classic.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 06:42 AM by onlinebiker.)
(01-04-2017 08:05 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 02:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I had a 74 Commando... I'm pretty sure that's one of the new ones they started building a few years back. They made a several internal changes -especially in the transmissions which were weak in the early ones....

Me and another guy in the parking lot that stopped to admire the bike had the discussion on if it was a really nice restomod or a newer bike. We didn't come to a conclusion one way or another, and I missed talking to the older gentleman that rode it. My pancakes had arrived by the time he made it out to the parking lot...

(01-04-2017 10:47 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 01:31 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Thought of you and this thread this morning when we went to breakfast and saw this sitting in the parking lot with several Triumphs and a few BMWs.

[Image: J2QBs3l.jpg]

Well whatever it is, it's not stock. That clearly a Corbin seat and those are definitely aftermarket pipes. If it is an original, it's been repainted. Vintage ones would of had pinstripes around the tank. Also the front and rear fender would be chrome, not color matched. Also vintage models didn't have vented rotors, they were solid disks.

So yeah, most likely a newer remake rather than an actual classic.

If memory serves, the fenders were polished stainless..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-04-2017, 06:43 AM
[Image: 25s4eqd.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post