I sort of didn't believe it until I experienced an argument with a fundie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2013, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:52 AM by Doctor X.)
RE: I sort of didn't believe it until I experienced an argument with a fundie

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
26-03-2013, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:52 AM by Doctor X.)
Wink RE: I sort of didn't believe it until I experienced an argument with a fundie

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
26-03-2013, 07:07 PM
(25-03-2013 02:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Those were written later, son, as noted in the reference to the development of the akedah; though I will note that the tradition that Isaac got killed persists into modern times. I am unaware of how that claim helps you. If anything, it rather sinks you in that you acknowledge the commend. Your evasion of the Ezekiel passage is also noted.
What is your empirical evidence for JDEP theory? Altered copies of texts, please? Original source texts. You are towing the secularist party's line in saying they were written later without any evidence, right? Also, I don't understand what your objection is with Ezekiel 20? You WOULD sacrifice the firstborn and tithe on the first of produce, etc. and REDEEM firstborn children in lieu of a sacrifice. Does Ezekiel 20 mention the other 100 sacrifices that were demanded besides the firstborn? You're committing hermenuetical suicide by insisting firstborn children are in play here--especially since you are putting later dates on Ezekiel in and after diaspora, when the controlling empires would disallow such sacrifice among the Jews. What's angering you, no doubt, is that the redemption process is an early mention of every Atheist's favorite two words, SUBSTITUTIONARY ATONEMENT.

Toeing the line. Not towing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2013, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2013 11:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-03-2013 01:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oy, vey. There are also passages on redemption of the first born. A sacrifice was made to signify the redemption of the first born child so that it would NOT be killed. A picture of John 3:16/Jesus Christ. Jewish tradition/history also records that no child was ever put to death for disobedience despite the law in place. A simple face value reading of the scriptures in contrast to that ancient culture of the surrounding nations shows God rejected all human sacrifice--except Christ's. And, of course, there is no empirical evidence for "E", only textual INTERPRETATIONS, and Issac survived to bless Jacob and Esau later.

Of course this is all later slapped on presumption. Atonement was the purpose of sacrifice in Hebrew culture. "Redemption" was never the meaning of a sacrifice until Saul of Tarsus got it ("purification") from Zoroastrianism, via Mithraism from his native city, (Tarsus), and grafted it onto the new cult. There was no such mention of any "sacrifice" in Mark, (the first gospel). Paul was the first to cook it up, to compete with the Greek mystery cults. There is no evidence for the gods doing anything, ever. There are mountains of evidence for "E", as the 152 conservative Christian scholars, department heads, and seminary professors all agreed in the Interpreters Bible in 1952, and countless other PhD's since. See JEPRD thread. SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke is a FAR FAR FAR right fundie literalist who is almost totally ignorant of Biblical scholarship.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-03-2013, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:46 AM by Doctor X.)