I started a thread on American education....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 07:36 PM
RE: I started a thread on American education....
(02-03-2013 07:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 07:17 PM)StorMRising Wrote:  You tell me which one of the examples I experienced you would get away with in our society. FOR YOU, to think that you could teach your child something like that and get away with it, I would hope to all that is right that you do not have any children. If you were caught, I would hope the old testament rules appealed.
Since personal attacks neither add anything to the conversation, nor to the strength of your argument, I would appreciate it if you simply kept them to yourself.

With that said, please either answer the question I asked you or retract the claim that "you CAN NOT [sic] teach your child whatever you like".
Wrong, you are stating that you can teach your child whatever you like, you are wrong with capitals. I stated two examples that should be illegal under your goofy notion of the laws of the land. WHY are they not? Why would I as a moral being have to dig through laws of YOUR country to (which I know they are there) to explain this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes StorMRising's post
02-03-2013, 07:38 PM
"No the question is to you since, you seem to support it...why wouldnt
American society (or western societies) allow south Pacific religions
that have rituals of eating already naturally dead relatives not fly?
under the 1st amendment or similar laws?"

Well no, the question was posed to you. I know what I do and don't support and if you want to also know what I do and don't support, it would be best to ask me rather than make assumptions.

I don't really understand what you're asking me, either. Can you restate it sans presumption?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2013, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 07:43 PM by StorMFront.)
lol, Vosur, which of the examples do you think you would get away with? I am not going to dig through laws to make my point. You actually think, you could make your child eat dirt? But I have under other threads of the same absurd statements like yours. Look under wikipedia, there are references under child abuse and compulsory education laws, which I stated before. AND as a parent, your rights do not super-cede your childs. When it comes down to it, your child has more rights.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
[+] 1 user Likes StorMFront's post
02-03-2013, 07:50 PM
(02-03-2013 07:40 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  lol, Vosur, which of the examples do you think you would get away with? I am not going to dig through laws to make my point. You actually think, you could make your child eat dirt? But I have under other threads of the same absurd statements like yours. Look under wikipedia, there are references under child abuse and compulsory education laws, which I stated before. AND as a parent, your rights do not super-cede your childs. When it comes down to it, your child has more rights.

You are conflating teaching with doing. Let's stick to teaching.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-03-2013, 07:52 PM
(02-03-2013 07:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 07:40 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  lol, Vosur, which of the examples do you think you would get away with? I am not going to dig through laws to make my point. You actually think, you could make your child eat dirt? But I have under other threads of the same absurd statements like yours. Look under wikipedia, there are references under child abuse and compulsory education laws, which I stated before. AND as a parent, your rights do not super-cede your childs. When it comes down to it, your child has more rights.

You are conflating teaching with doing. Let's stick to teaching.
Teaching is doing, how can you teach someone to drive with out doing? They are the same things.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
02-03-2013, 07:53 PM
(02-03-2013 07:52 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 07:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are conflating teaching with doing. Let's stick to teaching.
Teaching is doing, how can you teach someone to drive with out doing? They are the same things.
How do you teach math without doing math?

02-03-2013, 07:54 PM
"AND as a parent, your rights do not super-cede your childs. When it comes down to it, your child has more rights."

That would be fantastic if it were true. But sadly, children have no say in most of the things that affect their lives and, parent's are legally allowed to hit them in most countries.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
02-03-2013, 07:54 PM
(02-03-2013 07:28 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 07:02 PM)StorMRising Wrote:  The point being made, was that parents (anyone) can teach their children whatever they like and that the law supports it. Well, sorry to burst any deluded fuckers out there bubbles, you CAN NOT teach your child whatever you like! As a society and being apart of that society you have a responsibility to raise your children to the standards of that society.

As my brother stated some examples, I will post others.

You have no right to teach your child that it can eat dirt and live, without facing criminal action.

You have no right to say that standing for 24/7 is good for you, without facing criminal action.

I could go on and on, I read many of the post from the other thread and I could not believe you fools did not understand what he was saying.

You can break the law. Just because something is law doesn't automatically make people abide by it at all.

I do agree with you that I don't think these things are moral, but human beings will always do everything, and anything all the time. All we can do as a society is attempt to minimize the harm.

How would you stop a person from teaching their children to eat dirt?
As a parent, does not mean that you have the right to do what you like. You do not have any right over a being other then yourself (too put it plainly!)

Your child is YOUR responsibility, till deemed you are IRRESPONSIBLY!
02-03-2013, 07:57 PM
um who is stormfront and stormrising? Same person?
02-03-2013, 07:57 PM
(02-03-2013 07:52 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 07:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are conflating teaching with doing. Let's stick to teaching.
You could teach your children that jihad is holy without actually killing anyone.

This started out with teaching children about things.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post