I started a thread on American education....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: I started a thread on American education....
(02-03-2013 07:57 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  um who is stormfront and stormrising? Same person?
Brothers.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 07:58 PM
(02-03-2013 07:54 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "AND as a parent, your rights do not super-cede your childs. When it comes down to it, your child has more rights."

That would be fantastic if it were true. But sadly, children have no say in most of the things that affect their lives and, parent's are legally allowed to hit them in most countries.
We are not talking about most countries I am talking about democratic societies, and you would be wrong, hit your child in front of a police officer and see what happens....anyways how about you stay on topic here. YOU CANT NOT TEACH WHATEVER YOU WANT.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
Find all posts by this user
02-03-2013, 07:59 PM
(02-03-2013 07:57 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  um who is stormfront and stormrising? Same person?
Shouldnt matter, but no we are twin brothers.
02-03-2013, 08:01 PM
(02-03-2013 07:59 PM)StorMRising Wrote:  
Shouldnt matter, but no we are twin brothers.

Identical or fraternal?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
02-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Identical
02-03-2013, 08:02 PM
PM's are great for these types of questions.....
02-03-2013, 08:04 PM
(02-03-2013 08:02 PM)StorMRising Wrote:  PM's are great for these types of questions.....
stop being ass...like most of the other posters on this thread.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
02-03-2013, 08:07 PM
(02-03-2013 07:23 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Vosur, you are basically saying you can say a child can have beer if you deem it right?
Yes.

(02-03-2013 07:23 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Walk up to a cop, crack a beer, hand it to your kid and lets see what happens.
Saying to your child that it can drink a beer and actually giving it alcoholic beverages in public are two entirely different actions. While the former is legal under the First Amendment, the latter is explicitly forbidden by the National Minimum Drinking Age Act.

(02-03-2013 07:36 PM)StorMRising Wrote:  Wrong, you are stating that you can teach your child whatever you like, you are wrong with capitals. I stated two examples that should be illegal under your goofy notion of the laws of the land. WHY are they not? Why would I as a moral being have to dig through laws of YOUR country to (which I know they are there) to explain this?
Because neither of your examples constitute a violation of the First Amendment.

(02-03-2013 07:40 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  lol, Vosur, which of the examples do you think you would get away with?
All of them. See above.

(02-03-2013 07:40 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  I am not going to dig through laws to make my point.
That is the one and only thing you should be doing when you're arguing that someone cannot do a certain thing.

(02-03-2013 07:40 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  You actually think, you could make your child eat dirt? But I have under other threads of the same absurd statements like yours. Look under wikipedia, there are references under child abuse and compulsory education laws, which I stated before. AND as a parent, your rights do not super-cede your childs. When it comes down to it, your child has more rights.
As I've said earlier in my post, you are conflating two distinct things, namely making your child eat dirt and merely telling him to do it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
02-03-2013, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 08:27 PM by StorMRising.)
(02-03-2013 08:07 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 07:23 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Vosur, you are basically saying you can say a child can have beer if you deem it right?
Yes.

(02-03-2013 07:23 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Walk up to a cop, crack a beer, hand it to your kid and lets see what happens.
Saying to your child that it can drink a beer and actually giving it alcoholic beverages in public are two entirely different actions. While the former is legal under the First Amendment, the latter is explicitly forbidden by the National Minimum Drinking Age Act.

(02-03-2013 07:36 PM)StorMRising Wrote:  Wrong, you are stating that you can teach your child whatever you like, you are wrong with capitals. I stated two examples that should be illegal under your goofy notion of the laws of the land. WHY are they not? Why would I as a moral being have to dig through laws of YOUR country to (which I know they are there) to explain this?
Because neither of your examples constitute a violation of the First Amendment.

(02-03-2013 07:40 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  lol, Vosur, which of the examples do you think you would get away with?
All of them. See above.

(02-03-2013 07:40 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  I am not going to dig through laws to make my point.
That is the one and only thing you should be doing when you're arguing that someone cannot do a certain thing.

(02-03-2013 07:40 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  You actually think, you could make your child eat dirt? But I have under other threads of the same absurd statements like yours. Look under wikipedia, there are references under child abuse and compulsory education laws, which I stated before. AND as a parent, your rights do not super-cede your childs. When it comes down to it, your child has more rights.
As I've said earlier in my post, you are conflating two distinct things, namely making your child eat dirt and merely telling him to do it.
Simply put lucky, you can not teach ANYTHING you like to your child. The story ends here..... ( Society and its laws will deal with you in the end, where you will lose.)
02-03-2013, 08:11 PM
"We are not talking about most countries I am talking about democratic
societies, and you would be wrong, hit your child in front of a police
officer and see what happens....anyways how about you stay on topic
here. YOU CANT NOT TEACH WHATEVER YOU WANT."

There are only 31 nation states that outlaw corporal punishment and the US & Canada are not among them. As for your yelling, I didn't bring up the topic of children's rights so there's no yell at me. In fact, there's no need to yell at anyone.